Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how can i prove a genuine relationship with my wife and not flatmate arrangements

Post how can i prove a genuine relationship with my wife and not flatmate arrangements

Hello guys, I got married to my wife last year, who is Nz citizen and I am from India. when we got married we rented a flat together and lived there for almost 9 months along with a flat mate, so we could afford it. after that i had to comeback to India bcz immigration declined my visa application. and my wife came here with me. she lived here with me for 5 weeks and went back to nz hoping that i will be coming back too live with her in Nz. as she had her studies and a cat to look after and I dont have any job or any financial support here in india to look after us both. when i applied for visa under partnership based this is what immigration officer told me
    " We have considered the documents on file and we note that you have provided correspondence sent to Olivia and you at the same address. However, while this indicates that you have had a shared
    accommodation, the evidence does not demonstrate that you have lived together and established a
    life together. Also, during the telephonic interview, it was confirmed that you co-habited with
    another person and hence it appears that you have lived together under flat-mate arrangement only."

I dont understand how exactly i suppose to prove that my wife and i lived together in a genuine relationship? i have provided them all the photos, written letters from who ever i could and wedding photos( we got married at registrar office christchurch) and had at least 15 people attended my marriage.
    please help as immigration required me to response them back in next 4 days.
    soon as my wife heard about immigration has raised concerns about it, she got seriously sick, and is in christchurch hospital right now. no one is there to take care of her. I really love her and cant see her in so much pain. plz help us.

Do you have a joint bank account in both your names, for example? Any bills you have paid in both names? You have to think what evidence you can give which proves you are both than just friends, the bank account for example.

A letter from the flatmate to state that you two had your private shared accommodation within the flat?

we do have joint bank accounts, and proofs of my wife send me money from nz to india, we had rental property on both of our name, when i was in nz. I just dont understand the concept that when they say:-
    "it was confirmed that you co-habited with another person and hence it appears that you have lived together under flat-mate arrangement only"
    and not only that they also mentioned about following statement about when my wife came to India with me they said:-
    "Olivia had also come to India for a period of about one month, and this has been verified through site-visit. However, it is evident that this is equivalent to time spent in each other’s homes while still maintaining individual residences"
    the house in india is owned by my parents which is in a way this is my house too, and i have right to live here, bring my wife here to live with my family. she really enjoyed living here too. she was not renting any place when she was here in India. then how exactly immigration stating that she was maintaining individual residence?

she and my wife had an argument and she left, after that we got my wife's mother(my mother in law) to live with us as was renting somewhere else then she moved in with us. she has mentioned that to immigration about us living in a genuine relationship.

as immigration mentioned "the evidence does not demonstrate that you have lived together and established a life together."
    what exactly i could have provided them to demonstrate that?
    Last edited by rajadhiman; 23rd October 2016 at 04:27 AM.

i have a feeling that because that immigration officer is Indian, so she might not full understand that how kiwi lifestyle is? but problem is how to make her understand. Moreover being i and my wife are christian and didnt do any Indian hindu rituals so she probably dont understand the whole situation. I dont understand how Immigration NZ can be so Irresponsible to handle this kind of case to someone like her who do not even understand it.

can someone please explain what this line means:
    it was confirmed that you co-habited with another person and hence it appears that you have lived together under flat-mate arrangement only.
    Because when i looked up the meaning, it is stating a very harsh meaning (live together and have a sexual relationship without being married)
    we did had sexual relationship together that was me and my wife only not someone else. and in my point of view it was done in love and in a genuine relationship. and i would call it making love. not co-habited?

Don't worry - that is only ONE possible meaning of the word. It can also mean to live within the same establishment as someone else.

Thank you, it really made me go crazy. I am still don't understand what immigration really want from me

as immigration mentioned "the evidence does not demonstrate that you have lived together and established a life together."
    what exactly i could have provided them to demonstrate that?

Is it that we didn't had any child, unfortunately my wife had two miss caragess doctors said probably bcz of too much stress. Obously we would go through stress when immigration is giving us very hard time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast