Thread: Essential skills visa declined

Default Essential skills visa declined

Hi all,

I have applied for my Essential skills work visa and it was declined few day ago.

My job is low skilled so I have provided evidence of attempting to recruit New Zealand citizens. Job was listed on trade me and few more pages, some people applied for the role and my employer interviewed two residents. However they were not suitable, one cause of bad english and other one didn't want the job as it is. Employer has explained these facts in the letter.
    Later on the listing has been also listed with WINZ for a week and no one applied (now this happened additionally as employer hasn't listed with WINZ right away). I have obtained my skills match report.
    There are some slight differences between these two listings and the agent was not satisfied. In his opinion the requirements listed with WINZ exceed the ones previously listed on trade.me, so it appears that attempts to recruit suitable citizens were not genuine, as he said. He advised I need to build my case better, what ever it means.

I have a feeling it's not fair cause my employer did try to recruit New Zealand citizens but due to different circumstances outlined before couldn't employ anyone. I still have an option to request a reconsideration of my application in next 14 days.

Anyone who had similar experience? Any chance to explain this to immigration? Or is it smarter to think about sort of new application or what so ever.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello there

My partner had a similar situation. Advertised plenty, got a skills match report etc. Paid for a reconsideration also and still declined. Personally I feel INZ are looking of any reason to decline a work visa even when there is plenty of advertising etc but are very happy to take people's money for reconsiderations etc. The whole experience left a very sour taste with us and I find the system is a joke. I have friends in simliar positions but then they went to lawyers etc and paid large amounts of money but the viasas were granted probably because INZ are wrong in many of these cases.

Well, might be the case Thanks for the response. By the way, what's the reconsideration fee? Thanks

I think it was around $150 or $160, something like that. Good luck to you.