Thread: Reference Letter from Current employer

Default Reference Letter from Current employer

Hi Everyone,

Can someone please help me with this.

In my ETA, it's mentioned that i need to get "References can only be provided by a person authorised to issue work reference letters on behalf of that organisation".

I don't want to approach my manager or HR yo get this letter, and i don't think they would provide me the letter on the same.

Is it ok if i can letter from my team leader and with this contact details for my roles and responsibilities.

Please help.

Thanks,
    Mohan

Hi,

Normally, it is either your line manager or your HR manager who is 'authorized' to issue such letters on company letter head. I took my HR manager in confidence and she was quite happy to help while keeping the matter confidential. One of my other colleagues was up front about it w/his line manager and he was happy to provide it too.

If neither is happy in your situation, I suggest you let the team leader find out from either of them on the process. The way I interpreted INZ's instructions were line manager or HR manager should be able to vouch for you, in written on company letterhead.

Thanks for your reply.. I was able to get letter from HR.

Quote Originally Posted by momate View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Can someone please help me with this.

In my ETA, it's mentioned that i need to get "References can only be provided by a person authorised to issue work reference letters on behalf of that organisation".

I don't want to approach my manager or HR yo get this letter, and i don't think they would provide me the letter on the same.

Is it ok if i can letter from my team leader and with this contact details for my roles and responsibilities.

Please help.

Thanks,
    Mohan

Hi Mohan,

No problem if your team leader will gonna provide the reference letter as long as he is available when INZ will inquire about your job details.

Regards,

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks again for your reply.

Yeah, he will available.

I read somewhere in the forum that INZ will send the questioner, which is not only related to my job but also related to the company to the person who provides the letter if they do so, I strongly doubt that you would be able to answer everything without HR or manager help.

Thanks,
    Mohan

Quote Originally Posted by momate View Post
    Hi Jeremy,

Thanks again for your reply.

Yeah, he will available.

I read somewhere in the forum that INZ will send the questioner, which is not only related to my job but also related to the company to the person who provides the letter if they do so, I strongly doubt that you would be able to answer everything without HR or manager help.

Thanks,
    Mohan
    Hi Mohan,

Last time when I was working in Singapore, my Team Leader has provided the reference letter. Only the job description, start date, type of employment (Full time, no of hours per week) were questions involved during the INZ queries.

Regards,

For my case, the letter prepares by my line manager as he aware what my role and details tasks. Once the draft ready, Line Manager will send out to HR to include the Company header and signed by my line manager.

Personally, any letters with official company letterhead should go through HR which related to employment. Also, HR should be the correct person to advise on years of service/employment working hours and etc

but of course diff people diff way preparing the ref letter

my two cents