Thread: how to sell a car in NZ

Default how to sell a car in NZ

guys any hints on selling a car in NZ, other than trademe and local paper and supermarkets? i tried all of them with no luck at all, other than views on trademe which doesn't help much...

Other options are Auckland Carfair or similar depending where you are, Turners Auctions, Autotrader, or if you are buying another car from a dealer you might be able to trade-in your old one. My neighbourhood Facebook page often has cars for sale too.

the problem is am leaving NZ in 1 week time, don't have time for auctions, and tried already FB local page... but thx anyways

Turners website says they'll give you cash on the spot: "Trade your car for an 'on the spot' cash price. CashNow is perfect if you need money fast and it's super easy". Auckland Carfair is on Sunday (I don't know if you are in Auckland or not).

It's been over a week now, did you manage to sell? Only tip I have is to price it well (cars are so expensive here, its difficult!) - also, perhaps try popping notices up in your local New World/Countdown, I always browse those

Put it on TradeMe with a low reserve and it will sell for exactly what it is worth. Perhaps your expectation is too high?