Thread: New EOI points - Am I eligible?

Default New EOI points - Am I eligible?

Hi there,

I am living in USA from the last 10 years and working in IT developer/Analyst.

Planning to move to NZ next year but I heard there is new point system in place so can you guys help me to see if my profile gets required points.

Qualification: Bachelor in Electrical Engg.
    Skills: 12+ years exp in IT industry
    Married
    Wife: Education: Post graduated.

Appreciate your response.

It seems you need more points

You need at least minimum 160 points

you need at least 160 points, regardless you have jobs in NZ or not.

Whether you meet the 160 points, that is another story. Although you have post-graduate degree, it needs to be evaluated by NZQA (unless exempted). Although you have 12+ years of working experience, only maximum of 10 years will be counted, and INZ needs to say "yes, we believe those experiences can be counted".

In most circumstances, you would need a skilled job offer that is relevant to your qualification and experience to get enough points. The fact that the points have gone up means that you would need a skilled job offer now more than ever. Without a job offer it would seem that you can get a maximum of 140 points (our very rough calculation based on the information provided).

Thanks all for your reply. It seems I will have to wait till anything changes..

Also, quick question on Qualification points and Skills/Working exp, if my working exp is not related to my qualification then will I be able to get any point on qualification. In my case, I am Electrical Engg but my work exp in IT industry.

Quote Originally Posted by heiryz View Post
    you need at least 160 points, regardless you have jobs in NZ or not.

Whether you meet the 160 points, that is another story. Although you have post-graduate degree, it needs to be evaluated by NZQA (unless exempted). Although you have 12+ years of working experience, only maximum of 10 years will be counted, and INZ needs to say "yes, we believe those experiences can be counted".
    Hey Heiryz. How are you ?

In this case here, If move2NZ2017 has a International Certification ( Like LPI-1 or LPI-2), Will It help to improve his points ?