Thread: Work visa without expiry date

Default Work visa without expiry date

Hi there,

My girlfriend and I were under a Working Holiday Visa, and we've just applied for the 3 months extension of it, which was successfull.
    The problem is my girlfriend has two lines concerning this extension. The last line is our first visa, the first and second line are the extension. One is with an expiry date, the other no...

Capture d’écran 2016-10-28 à 07.54.23.jpg

But if we refer to the visa hold at this time, it give us the first line (same expiry date)

Capture d’écran 2016-10-28 à 07.54.34.jpg

So we are wondering if the second line without and expiry date means she can stay in New Zealand after the 10th of February 2017?

Thanks for your answers.

Cola

Is line 1 what you applied for, and were expecting to get?

Yes because our first WHV should finish the 10th of November 16 + 3 months extension = 10th of February 2017. So the line 1 is quite correct...
    But what about the line 2..

I don't think it means anything. INZ don't hand out open-ended visas for no reason! My guess is that the operative started to type in the information, got interrupted, and started again. Even INZ is manned by humans who sometimes slip up.

But check the actual visa carefully when once it arrives.

OK, thank you for your help, one last thing the line 1 and 2 have different application number. We will follow it till the expiry date see if anything changes.

Of course, there's nothing to stop you contacting INZ and asking them about it. Then if there is something wrong, someone can start doing something to correct it before it impacts your girlfriend's visa status.