Thread: Essential skills visa second application ?

Default Essential skills visa second application ?

Hi all,

are there any restrictions regarding number of consecutive applications for Essential skills visa.
    My application was declined a week ago as my documentation was incomplete. I still have an option for re-considering in next 14 days (till next Friday) but won't go for that as per advise. I am planning to lodge new application again next week.
    Do I have a right to do that as I was declined before and can that affect my new application?

Thank you very much. Cheers

There's no restriction on re-applying. But won't they reconsider WITH your extra documentation, or have they absolutely declined already?

They have declined, but I would say not completely as I can send additional documents for reconsidering till Friday. Now according to some advisors if I send some new documents, e.g. new skills match report, they won't have a look cause basically they are re-considering the decision based on the documents they had at the time of the application and all you can do is try to explain them why they should approve your application based on the previous documents. I've heard Immigration is really strict at the moment, especially with low-skill job applications.

I have a similar situation - and I sent the extra information with a letter explaining each point -and my visa was approved!

You know which documents are missing - explain the real situation to the case officer.

why would you do a new application if the actual is open?
    Last edited by YessicaCBO; 31st October 2016 at 11:53 AM.

Well, I understand and that what I have planned to do. When I first submitted my application I was requested to upload skills match report and few more documents, so I did. After a while my application was declined as the listing with Winz was to excessive in agent's opinion and didn't quite match the job skill level. It had to high requirements. It was slightly different from the one on trade me as well and my application was declined. Now as I mentioned in the previous post I was advised (from immigration adviser) it's better to lodge new application cause if I go for re-considering they probably won't consider new skills match report as they are re-considering the decision based on the previous skills match report. It doesn't make sense to me neither but if so maybe it's safer to lodge new application !?