Thread: No replies after s suggestion for an interview.

Default No replies after s suggestion for an interview.

I am 8+yrs software engineer in Auckland with JSV and have sent hundreds of CVs.
    I received several emails from here and there what days/times were good to have a job interview.
    I replied with suitable times and then NO ANSWER!!!!
    At first, I thought I might be not their first choice. But same thing happens over and over, it seems that I did something wrong.
    Could you have a look at the email I wrote and tell me what mistake I made?

Thanks in advance.

-------------------------------------

Dear ,

Thank you for contacting me about the Software Engineer position. I am available to speak at .... on ..... If that does not work for you, I would be happy to find another time convenient for both of us. Please let me know if you need anything else in the meantime.

------------------------------

Hello ,

That would be good for me. You can reach me on Skype to -----------. Since there are a lot of people who have same name with me, it might be not easy to find me on Skype. If you give me your details, I will add you to my contact list.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Hi Sayeeh,

since you are already based in Auckland, why don't you provide them your mobile contact instead? A local contact number seems to be the preferred means of communication by many employers.
    Alternatively, you could also be the first person to make contact by calling the person who had send you the email to fix the date and time for the job interview.
    This would show that you are proactive and keen on the job I suppose.

I agree with kenwongyl, sayeeh. Best to have your nz number in your replies. And nothing wrong for you to call them for a polite follow up Employers and head hunters have got a lot of names in their list, so help them remember yours Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by sayeeh View Post
    I am 8+yrs software engineer in Auckland with JSV and have sent hundreds of CVs.
    I received several emails from here and there what days/times were good to have a job interview.
    I replied with suitable times and then NO ANSWER!!!!
    At first, I thought I might be not their first choice. But same thing happens over and over, it seems that I did something wrong.
    Could you have a look at the email I wrote and tell me what mistake I made?

Thanks in advance.

-------------------------------------

Dear ,

Thank you for contacting me about the Software Engineer position. I am available to speak at .... on ..... If that does not work for you, I would be happy to find another time convenient for both of us. Please let me know if you need anything else in the meantime.

------------------------------

Hello ,

That would be good for me. You can reach me on Skype to -----------. Since there are a lot of people who have same name with me, it might be not easy to find me on Skype. If you give me your details, I will add you to my contact list.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.
    lol u really say this ?

As a NZ software dev who's interviewed others, go with the mobile number. We don't tend to use Skype unless we've arranged it first (or at least where I was). Also, it tends to be more of an "out of country" solution, which is probably not the message you want to send But that shouldn't be a real reason to reject you, especially if you're a strong candidate.

Otherwise wording looks fine.