Thread: Passport sent to the Immigration.

Default Passport sent to the Immigration.

Hi there,

Does anyone out there know how long does it take for the Immigration to sent back the passport?
    I have been recently granted residency under SMC and got my AIP email last week and have sent the passport via secure mail on the same day. The part that worries me is that I haven't been notified by the Immigration if they have received my passport. Do I need to get in touch with my CO or do I wait the two week time period?

Thanks for the help in advance.

They dont tell you they recieved it, they put the label in, then send it back. Be patient it's only been a few days- they are very busy. You will get your passport back soon.

Thanks a lot

Very fast

You can see whether a new visa has been stamped by checking online at http://cya.nz/inz

Based on my previous experience, average ETA was a week from lodging passport & documents until online status updated.

How many weeks it takes befor they approve your smc residency?? Congrats btw!!!

Quick question, we had our documents sent back at the end of August for my application for residency under the Partnership category but our passports were not returned. Is this normal?

I have just got a bit concerned as been reading that others have sent theirs off once a decision is reached to get their stamp put in the passport.

I am applying through the London office.

INZ often keep the passports while processing is going on. If the applicant needs them for anything in the meantime, they can ask them to send them back - then of course, if they have done that, they have to send them in again at the end for the visa labels to be applied.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    INZ often keep the passports while processing is going on. If the applicant needs them for anything in the meantime, they can ask them to send them back - then of course, if they have done that, they have to send them in again at the end for the visa labels to be applied.
    Thats great thanks JandM, had a alight panic that I should have had them already. Really hoping I hear any day now as been 3 months since app submitted and 5 weeks since my IO said they had sent off for my wifes NZ Police Certificate.