Thread: Returning on Visitors Visa UK

Default Returning on Visitors Visa UK

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I have a work visa to work for XYZ company in XYZ role and am leaving my position to return to the UK for family reasons, unfortunately my employer can not keep my position open for that time. I want to return to NZ in a couple of months but would not have a valid visa. Could i return on a UK visitor visa on arrival (if i booked a return flight out of the country) and in that time look for another position to get another work visa?

Thanks for your help!

taken from https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...a/visitor-visa

With this visa you can

Visit friends and family, explore New Zealand or enjoy amateur sports, or adventure activity.
    Study for up to 3 months.
    Include your partner, and dependent children aged 19 and under, in your visa application.
    I think (I think) it will raise a bell to INZ on your purpose to come to NZ, as you previously held a Work Visa. But I believe you can submit an online application with justifications (visiting friends, or maybe look,see and decide?) on why do you want to come over to NZ. It will be safer rather than taking advantage of travelling visa waiver.

Another point : if you got a job, do you plan to apply for another work visa, or Residency (as Residency requires 160 points rather than 100 pts with job offer now) ?

Yes, there is the recognized "look, see and decide" (i.e. looking for a job) reason for applying for a visitor's visa. I was also thinking that it may be safer to apply for the visitor's visa before leaving the UK, explaining what has happened to make you leave when you already had your work visa.