Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Validity of 2 years Work Visa

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    9

    Default Validity of 2 years Work Visa

    Hi all

    Asking on behalf my friend is on two years work visa (Post study and employer assisted) visa valid until Nov 2017 , residency is also submitted in July 2016 under SMC.

    Due to some workplace issues she has to leave her job as soon as possible and find another job. Question is will her visa be still valid until Nov 2017 if she resigns from the current job or will it collapse then how can she manage?

    Mean while if she finds a job and how can she let the immigration know that she has got another job offer to continue the process of residency. Say if she applies for variation of conditions would it allow her to stay legally here in NZ.

    She is very confused please suggest as soon as possible.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosse View Post
    Hi all

    Asking on behalf my friend is on two years work visa (Post study and employer assisted) visa valid until Nov 2017 , residency is also submitted in July 2016 under SMC.

    Due to some workplace issues she has to leave her job as soon as possible and find another job. Question is will her visa be still valid until Nov 2017 if she resigns from the current job or will it collapse then how can she manage?

    Mean while if she finds a job and how can she let the immigration know that she has got another job offer to continue the process of residency. Say if she applies for variation of conditions would it allow her to stay legally here in NZ.

    She is very confused please suggest as soon as possible.
    Is the work visa linked to her actual job? - or is a open work visa?

    If in her work visa is print the name of the company - that means that she cannot leave her workplace before finding another job! she can only change two conditions in her work visa (company or position) but must have at all times a place to work...

    If her work visa is open - not link to company - she can leave the company and find another job.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Yes, it is mentioned in visa that she can work only for the same company.

    Then how can she manage it, actually she was willing to continue but employer/owner/manager/director (one person) created issues with regard to her pregnancy now she got miscarriage and went back to her job but still manager is harassing her mentally with unreasonable blames regarding her sick leave for miscarriage.


    Now she is under very big stress to manage things all together.

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    37,810

    Default

    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...c-are-changing See there for some particular details, also look in the side-bar for other situations. She needs to have another job lined up before handing in her notice (and get the conditions on her visa changed, or get a different visa if necessary), because her present visa is ONLY for the one job, and she needs to be legally in NZ, covered by a visa, for INZ to keep processing her SMC application.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...c-are-changing See there for some particular details, also look in the side-bar for other situations. She needs to have another job lined up before handing in her notice (and get the conditions on her visa changed, or get a different visa if necessary), because her present visa is ONLY for the one job, and she needs to be legally in NZ, covered by a visa, for INZ to keep processing her SMC application.



    Thank you for your reply JandM

    She has got new job offer and is this okey if she resigns from the current one immediately and apply for variation meanwhile or first she needs variation then resign?? TIA

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    37,810

    Default

    A job-specific visa stops WHEN the job stops. Nobody can apply to change something on it if it has stopped.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    A job-specific visa stops WHEN the job stops. Nobody can apply to change something on it if it has stopped.



    Hi Thanks I understand it


    She has got her VOC approved for new employment where she has got increased pay rate and more contract hours than the previous one. Due to some personal issues at previous work place she didn't inform the employer before applying voc. She has already filed personal grievance against her employer which is under process. What should she do next please.

    Can this all effect on her residency or not? Thanks

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    37,810

    Default

    She needs to talk to INZ and tell them all the circumstances. They are the ones who may be able to make the timing work.

    If she puts herself in the position of not having a valid visa, the processing of the residence visa will be stopped, maybe permanently if she doesn't get INZ involved in advising her how to manage things for the best.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Very Quick Reply JandM

    She has got a valid visa under new employment last week, updated online and waiting for her PP and originals to be posted back.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Does she still need to Inform INZ or she should wait for the CO to be assigned ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •