Thread: Questions for partnership residence visa

Default Questions for partnership residence visa

Hello everyone!

I just applied my residency visa via partnership on 14/10/16 and I just got back my partner's and my passport back with a letter from INZ. They says that they will allocate my case to a CO within 6 weeks and let them know if there is anything changes which my marital status, employment status, change of contact etc...

So, now I just get an offer and working as a research assistant which is related to my degree. Should I call them to tell them the changes of my job or I just need to wait till when I get my CO then I tell them?

I worked as a retail assistant as well, and this is what I have put in as my career when I filled the form... But now, I am working both as a sales assistant (can't really resign as I have sort of promised my manager I will at least work with them till January plus christmas season is coming soon) and a research assistant.

Thanks and have a nice day!

If you send in the information, it will be added to your file and give the all-round picture of what you're doing. The point is, you don't KNOW exactly when you get a CO. They don't all announce themselves when the case is allocated to them, but just start working it. Some people have thought they didn't have a CO yet, and the next thing was they were told they'd been approved, because the CO had in fact been processing the case, and hadn't needed any extra information.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    If you send in the information, it will be added to your file and give the all-round picture of what you're doing. The point is, you don't KNOW exactly when you get a CO. They don't all announce themselves when the case is allocated to them, but just start working it. Some people have thought they didn't have a CO yet, and the next thing was they were told they'd been approved, because the CO had in fact been processing the case, and hadn't needed any extra information.
    Hi! Thanks for your reply, but the letter I have received from them they says

"We will allocate your application to one of our immigration officers within 6 weeks. Once your application is allocated, the immigration officer will contact you to advice you of their contact details and will start an initial assessment of your application."

But I guess, I will just call them to let them know.

Thanks

Fine, okay, but it doesn't always happen. In your place, I wouldn't call, having to rely on a message being taken, but send something written that can go in your records. Up to you.