Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Essential Skill Work Visa

Default Essential Skill Work Visa

Hello The processing time for work visa now more than two months. I lodged mine at 5th of September and will receive only on Monday next week my passport. My friends from company has the same problem.

Hello MMM,

Could you tell us a bit more about your application? Like profession, other applicant?

I'm a software Engineer with more than 5 years experience + A Bachelor in I.T Management, I lodged mine the 12th of October (with all documents) an it's now been one month (more than the 23 days advertised) and it is still not assigned to a Case Officer.

My interim VISA not allowing me to work (from open to employer specific) since 2 weeks, my employer gave me a 10 days ultimatum before he makes a final decision to terminating the contract to allow him to seek another developer to fill the position.

Indeed the company is super busy at the moment and waiting for me makes it precarious for him, as for me living on my savings.

A termination of contract would mean my work visa cancelled, having to leave the country and say good bye to my friends ... which would be to the very least disappointing. Not speaking of all the energy, time and money I put in this application.

I was confident in the immigration process but now I'm freaking out!

To be honest about this thing you should warn your boss. My boss knew about this and he was ok... I am working in Finace Industry and I applay both work and residence visa on 5th september. To be honest I wait my visa really two month and its not joke Even I applay for 45 days before my visa expiring. u should discuss this situation before you apply that he will support your wait., other wise u will get now much more troubles... if you applay on essential skill visa as your job will be attach to previous employer you hard find new job because they will give you job offer and to change job you need apply for new visa.

I submitted mine on 16 Oct and was only assigned a co last Friday. Still waiting and nothing updated. My visa was also expired 3rd Nov and my employer was very unhappy about the situation that I can't work. So I will need to volunteer which means work unpaid if I still have no result shortly otherwise I will loss my job. Can't believe the process takes such long recently. I had friends who got their visas in only 3-5 days!

Quote Originally Posted by Nano bunny View Post
    I submitted mine on 16 Oct and was only assigned a co last Friday. Still waiting and nothing updated. My visa was also expired 3rd Nov and my employer was very unhappy about the situation that I can't work. So I will need to volunteer which means work unpaid if I still have no result shortly otherwise I will loss my job. Can't believe the process takes such long recently. I had friends who got their visas in only 3-5 days!
    You cant work for free,.... as the result you get reward as experience which cos.... you can do free job butnot relative to your major...

Gain or reward is any payment or benefit that can be valued in terms of money. Examples include:

accommodation, such as board or lodging
    goods, such as food or clothing
    services, such as transport
    work experience or training.
    If your intention is to receive gain or reward, you are not considered to be a volunteer and should consider applying for a work visa.

Hi all, could someone guide me about essential skills work visa, as I also have essential work visa for one year right now as being a baker with countdown(auckland). I heard about a lot of ppl who applied the same visa and got it for up to 3 years!what is difference over getting 1year and 3 years? The ppl I mentioned have pretty much Same experience and apparently same job offer. I'm confused

One year for those who submitted residence visa. Because process time 3-6 month and you will get residence visa instead of 3 years work visa... No reason 3 years work visa

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    One year for those who submitted residence visa. Because process time 3-6 month and you will get residence visa instead of 3 years work visa... No reason 3 years work visa
    Yeah I submitted my Work visa providing my eoi selection along with ITA LETTER... probably that's why fingers crossed

hi MMM and others,

can you guys please tell me how long the whole process took for you?
    I'm waiting for my Essential Skills work visa as well. I came to know it will take long but would like to get your timelines just to get an estimate..

THanks..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast