Thread: Mt Roskill neighbourhood

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Mt Roskill neighbourhood

Hi all,

Just wanted some opinions. I am thinking of getting accommodation based on photos of shared accommodation like flatemates kindof. I know it is abit rash maybe? Is it?

But what do you think of the neighborhood of Mt Roskill? Is it a safe neighbourhood to jog or be around at night?

Or i should at least view it first and get a motel accommodation first upon landing then decide.

Pictures can be deceptive.

Mt Roskill is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by kenwongyl View Post
    Or i should at least view it first and get a motel accommodation first upon landing then decide.
    Yes, as JandM said, photos can be deceptive, it's always best to see places in person, and meet the people you'd be sharing with.

Thanks JM and Oregonkiwi. No doubt that's true in what both of u say, but sometimes the need to be thrifty until landing work there overcomes common sense ... i guess i will do just as yr suggestions.

what kind of shared accommodation are you looking at? I'd suggest not signing up for anything long-term without seeing it first, but if it was something short-term that you could leave easily, it would not be such a big risk.

It is actually for a timespan of quite long. At least a year to two if i get my work right where i am staying in Auckland.

At least that's the plan, to rent a room, keep the cost low and save more to rent a house later in a year or two when the rest of my family comes over to join me here in NZ.

Probably buy a house later on if house price comes down? Maybe.... well... that's a plan. But plans changes haha.

Yup, i have taken both your advices, to view the room and the flatmates first. I guess somethings just cannot be rushed and left to fate to decide whether things will work out right or not.

So i will book a temporary accomodation at a motel first for two days while i hunt for a suitable place to stay long term.

More haste less speed isnt it?