Thread: Bonus Points

Default Bonus Points

Hi,

Thank you very much for reading this, as you can see below I might critical bonus points because my qualification is not listed on the LTSSL I have a Master in IT and the list for my occupation includes requires Bachelors. Am I overqualified? I am in a very complex situation, if you please advise I would appreciate it with all my life.

With regards to the bonus points, I acknowledge your comments with regards to a level 9 qualification being at a higher level than a level 7 qualification. It is for this reason that you are awarded 60 qualification points rather than 50. However, the bonus points for qualifications and work experience in an area of absolute skill shortage require specific undergraduate qualifications as listed. As you will be aware, undergraduate qualifications usually require specific mandatory courses which provide the base knowledge and skills required to fill the specific shortages identified on the LTSSL. Master’s degree have a wider scope and while they qualify for additional qualifications points, they do not automatically meet the LTSSL requirements.

Thank you very much for all your support!

Chris

It is just as the CO has written, and this has been said many times before by other COs and on the forum. For bonus points, a higher qualification does not supersede the requirement bachelors' degrees mentioned in the LTSSL list. Of course you are not overqualified for your job.

Default Bonus Points

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    It is just as the CO has written, and this has been said many times before by other COs and on the forum. For bonus points, a higher qualification does not supersede the requirement bachelors' degrees mentioned in the LTSSL list. Of course you are not overqualified for your job.
    Thank you very much for your response! This means, I won´t be able to receive these points. Any options? I am looking for Jobs in NZ to obtain the 50 points given by having a Job Offer. But I need to obtain it by November 26. Any advise? Thanks!

Chris