Thread: Partnership visa -NZ police check issue

Smile Partnership visa -NZ police check issue

I recently helped my husband submitted his partnership work visa in china(Shanghai Branch) ( i am currently working in NZ), since my husband stayed in NZ back to 2010, our case officer requested us to submit a NZ police check. our lawyer says that Case officer will obtain this NZ police check by himself, we don't need to worry about this police check. is that true ?
    it has been over a month since we submitted the application, we still haven't heard anything back from our case officer yet. i am bit concerned, should we obtain the police check by ourself in case the case officer won't get it by himself ?
    Many thanks
    Lydia

It is true.

"If a New Zealand police certificate is required, Immigration New Zealand will obtain one directly from the New Zealand police on your behalf. Obtaining a New Zealand police certificate can take some time, and you should apply for your visa well in advance if it's likely we'll need to obtain one."

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ce-certificate
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...e-certificates

My wifes NZ police check was submitted on or around the 26/9/16 when I received the last update from my Immigration Officer and we still havent had our decision yet so I am assuming there is quite a delay in obtaining them.

Thank you for your tips, Yeah, we should have well prepared our application, it's just our lawyer did not mention to us that we also need to submit an NZ police check..

when i check the police check website, it says that it may takes up to 20 working days to get the certificate, don't know for sure, it may take longer time for immigration officer i guess, hopefully, will hear some good news soon..

From what others have said, the NZ police certificates required by immigration take closer to 8 weeks.