Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Residence timeline

Default Residence timeline

Hey guys could someone share their partnership residence timeline at wellington branch please?
    File submitted-21sep
    Status updated to pending-02 oct
    Been told that CO would be assigned in 6 weeks
    Thanks heaps in advance.

We sent my partners application on 1 August and our first contact from our CO in Wellington was 12 October. Our CO has contacted us a few times so far, but as of last week our application is still being processed! We had been waiting exactly one month when our documents were returned with a letter stating that our application would be allocated to an Immigration Officer within 6 weeks. We were assigned 5 and a half weeks later

I do know of two other people who had almost identical timelines to my partners; one was approved on October 31, while the other is also still waiting for a decision.
    Last edited by LenaMichelle; 8th November 2016 at 09:36 AM.

Thank you lena.I'm really hoping to get it done before christmas. Fingers crossed. I guess you're very close to get positive news about ur partners case

Hi,

I have applied my residency application on 1st august 2016 and CO emailed us that she has finished the initial assessment has been done and need some more information regarding that I and my husband are still living together.

CO asked joint and individual bank statements, supporting letters from friends and families, rental documents, and any other supporting documents. we already submitted some of these with our application and CO suggested those are not certified copies so she needs original or certified copies.

My time lines are

application submitted on 01/08/2016
    documents returned on 15/09/2016
    CO requested supporting letters 20/10/2016
    required documents submitted on 25/10/2016

Waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides the matter of the copies, it may help to know that COs very commonly ask for more evidence to cover the time the application has been being processed. This is to ensure they don't issue a visa to someone whose relationship has broken down in the meantime.

Thanks for the Info guys. My documents were returned in 20 days. Is it gonna take roughly 2 months for C/O to be assigned? I must say that this is very helpful forum and JandM you're doing incredible work for people. Very helpful information. I have started collecting all the documents they may ask for. Cheers

Is it gonna take roughly 2 months for C/O to be assigned?
    Assume at least that, then you won't be disappointed. This year, INZ have been EXTREMELY busy, and processing times have lengthened, but recently there have been cases which went through in a flash, so you just might get a pleasant surprise. It can go either way, and it's unpredictable.

Thank you. Lets hope it doesn't take too long

Hey guys just a bit of concern. My current partnership visa expired on sunday and I have been issued interim visa as I hv submitted my work visa application on 4th nov. Me and my partner have work holidays approved from 7th dec -7th jan and this is the only time of the year we can think of travelling overseas due to work commitments. I'm desperately waiting for C/O to be assigned for my residence application. Any suggestion what would be best option? Many thanks

Will I be able to travel on an interim visa?

No. Interim visas do not include travel conditions. This means that if you travel outside New Zealand while on an interim visa, your interim visa will automatically expire.
    http://www.migrationpartners.co.nz/visas/interim-visas

The only hope is that your work visa comes through before your due date of departure.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast