Thread: Renting a Apartment in Auckland - 2 Adult and 1 Infant

Default Renting a Apartment in Auckland - 2 Adult and 1 Infant

Hi Folks,

Just need a clarification from those who have gone thru this. I am getting too worried after reading forums and speaking to many of the friends living there.

We are a family of 3 (2 Adults and 1 Infant) planning to move to Aukcland somewhere at the End of Feb/Start of March. What I have heard from my friends is that real estate agents will NOT prefer someone having a kid to do the contract for a Stuido or a 1BHK appartment? Is it true? How difficult its going to be to find an appartment or any accomodation for a family with a kid?

Also, how to select the apartment as I am getting too much concerned about the heating mechanism in the houses and appartment?

Any tips, any suggestion ? Or how it works in Auckland?

Any help will be apprecaited..

Can anyone shed some light on this subjet pls?

You have heard correct, a couple and child is often not considered appropriate for a studio/1 bedroom housing. I have a colleague who has a 4 year old that still shares a bed (cultural thing), and was not able to secure a single bedroom on the Shore, had to eventually take a small 2 bedroom.

For your situation, 2 BHK. I doubt any real estate agent will entertain the idea of 1 BHK or studio. Prefer to have a 'newly' built house but then, one doesn't really get a choice in this regard. Anyhow, you will buy heater(s) but yes, overall, insulation and better window quality do matter. You can ascertain this by asking the real estate agent and by having a conversation w/the current tenants (if they're willing to talk openly). In my case, the current tenant then, was happy to share info than the agent.