Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Driving to test location without a Supervisor

Unhappy Driving to test location without a Supervisor

Hi,

I am converting from overseas license to NZ license. I got my driving license with a supervisor condition. I have failed the practical exam twice. Every time I have to pay around $120 for a practical test ( $59 for test and $60 for driving institute). He didn't ask me about supervisor last two times as I was using driving institute car. Did anyone try to go to the test location without a supervisor? Will the testing officer asks me for a supervisor when I take my car on the day of test? It is too expensive for me to take a test every time for $120.

I don't know if he'll ask you, but if does, or if someone notices that you haven't a supervisor with you, you could get points for your licence and a fine, which you probably don't want to afford either. Can't you get a friend or neighbour to sit in with you to go to the test?

Thanks JandM. No, I don't have friends to sit with me for test. . My office colleague had mentioned that there are people who have driven to the test location without supervisor. So, I thought to confirm that with this forum. This is the first time in NZ I feel how crap the NZ law is. The law let me drive the car for almost 6-7 months with my overseas license. Now, I need to have a supervisor once I pass my theory test. I would be happier if it was a restricted license.

It's been said before on the forum. You're not the first migrant to suffer from this anomaly.

Why do you want to pay 60$ for driving institute ? to take their car and supervisor? anyhow it depends on the Testing Officer you will get on the day whether they will check for the supervisor.

Yes I too felt the same with the NZ law, once you know the road rules and passed the exam you cant drive alone, if you fail the theory test you are free to drive.
    Last edited by Roger_J; 10th November 2016 at 12:07 PM.

i'm in the same situation - about to take my practical test (license conversion) and my NZ license says I must be accompanied by a supervisor - but I got none. Have you taken another test, madjkr?

Hi

Actually I went to the test alone.

Quote Originally Posted by madjokr View Post
    Hi,

I am converting from overseas license to NZ license. I got my driving license with a supervisor condition. I have failed the practical exam twice. Every time I have to pay around $120 for a practical test ( $59 for test and $60 for driving institute). He didn't ask me about supervisor last two times as I was using driving institute car. Did anyone try to go to the test location without a supervisor? Will the testing officer asks me for a supervisor when I take my car on the day of test? It is too expensive for me to take a test every time for $120.

Hi,

I am happy to inform that I have passed by driving test. I have a NZ driving license now . Thanks all for your support.

Congratulations.��

hi there im new here

when applying nz license do they require it??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast