Thread: Accredited employer and NZQA

Default Accredited employer and NZQA

Good Day Everyone!

I've received a job offer from an accredited, and I'm just wondering on the best way to apply for my visa.

I'm currently working for a different employer under a Working Holiday Visa
    I was looking into transitioning to an essential skills visa with said employer, and got all of my documentation ready (medical, police certificates, etc). I'm still waiting on my NZQA's IQA and I fear it wil take another 4-5 weeks given the delays they currently have in their processing times.

For the new job offer, Immigration NZ's website does not explicitly list a recognised qualification as part of the hard requirements, but after two failed visa applications I want to make sure I'm able to apply (and get) the accredited employer's visa without having to wait for my NZQA's assessment to come through.

The job opportunity crosses over the minimum salary threshold and is for 2 years.

Does anyone have any experience in doing this?

As always, thanks for any and all your help.

requirements listed below. NZQA not required

WR1.30 Making an application under the Talent (Accredited Employers) Work Instructions
    Applications under the Talent (Accredited Employers) Work Instructions must be made on the INZ form

Work Visa Application (INZ 1015)
    , and
    meet all the requirements under Generic Temporary Entry instructions for lodging an application for a temporary entry class visa as set out at E4, except the requirement to provide evidence of funds for maintenance in New Zealand or evidence of sponsorship. This requirement is met through the provision of an offer of employment (see WR1.10); and
    include an offer of employment from an accredited employer that meets the requirements for offers of employment set out at WR1.10; and
    include, where necessary:
    evidence of full or provisional registration, or eligibility for such registration, if full or provisional registration is required by law to take up the offer of employment (see SM19.5 for the list of occupations requiring registration); or
    evidence from the New Zealand Medical or Dental Council that they are eligible for full or provisional registration subject only to attending a personal interview with a Council representative within one month of their arrival in New Zealand; and
    Note: For medical practitioners, registration within a 'special purpose scope of practice' is not full or provisional registration for the purpose of a residence application or a work to residence application.

include, (if the offer of employment has a minimum base salary of less than NZ$55,000 per annum), evidence that the applicant has exceptional talent in a declared field of art, sport or culture (see the Note to WR1.10); and
    include a completed
    General Medical Certificate (INZ 1007)
    and a
    Chest X-ray Certificate (INZ 1096)
    (except in the case of a pregnant woman) and any associated medical or laboratory reports required for the medical or chest X-ray certificates; and
    Notes:
    ~ All medical and chest X-ray certificates and associated reports must be less than 3 months old at the time the application is made unless A4.25(c) applies.
    ~ Medical and chest X-ray certificates may be submitted directly to INZ by the physician who completes the examination.

include police certificates from the applicant's country of citizenship and from any country in which they have lived for 5 or more years since attaining the age of 17 years.
    Notes:
    ~ Police certificates must be no more than 6 months old when the application is lodged, unless A5.10(d) applies.
    ~ For the avoidance of doubt, the minimum base salary excludes employment-related allowances (for example overtime, tool or uniform allowances, medical insurance, accommodation).