Thread: proof of end of relationship

Default proof of end of relationship

I am applying for a second or subsequent resident visa, and my CO wants PROOF we are not in a relationship. I have the verification from the bank that the joint account was closed, if I can get a hold of my ex I can get a etter from the principal applicant of the original application-MY EX-saying we are not together, and letters from my friends and family saying they were aware we were a couple and now we are not_ we broke up. What else would help? We never lived together.

The CO said she will decline if we do not have enough evidence to show not in relationship, but I cannot think of anything else to show. I can get letter from Dad saying I have been living with him. I cannot think how to prove I am not in the relationship.

Lastly, if my application is declined do they have to specifically tell me why?// Do I get a chance to appeal or be reconsidered Will the decline affect my ability to reapply the question mark key is broken!

I know they have their reasons but they ask so much sometimes! I can't actually think of anything more you could get your hands on to give evidence? (sorry, that's no help to you)

The CO absolutely HAS to have evidence, to allow her to consider you separately.

http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/42632.htm
    A non-principal applicant may be assessed independently of the principal applicant if the instructions of RV1.20.1 to RV1.20.20 apply.
    and http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/45650.htm RV1.20.1 a i
    The partner of the principal applicant is eligible to be considered in their own right for variation of travel conditions or a new residence class visa if the following events occur:

the partner and the principal applicant become divorced or separated
    and Rv1.20.1 b
    Evidence of the circumstances in which the partner of a principal applicant may apply for an a variation of travel conditions or a new residence class visa in their own right may include but is not limited to original or certified copies of the following:

the final decree of divorce or a dissolution order from the principal applicant; or
    a non-molestation or protection order against the principal applicant; or
    evidence that the principal applicant has been convicted of an offence against the person of the partner or of a dependent child; or
    evidence of separation; or
    the death certificate of the principal applicant.

That is great, thanks. The problem we are having is understanding HOW to PROVE we are not together. Outside of letters and the bank I am at a loss.

yes proving that something doesn't exist is always difficult. A statutory declaration might be useful, as would a letter from those you are currently living with (dad?) , and evidecne that you are living at that address. You might alos be able to show from the electoral roll where you and your ex live?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    yes proving that something doesn't exist is always difficult. A statutory declaration might be useful, as would a letter from those you are currently living with (dad?) , and evidecne that you are living at that address. You might alos be able to show from the electoral roll where you and your ex live?
    what is a statutory declaration?////////////////////////////////////

https://www.govt.nz/browse/law-crime...y-declaration/