Thread: How to get the job offer from New Zealand IT companies from overseas?

Red face How to get the job offer from New Zealand IT companies from overseas?

Hi Folks,

I have 14+ years programming experience in C++/VC++/C#. I have started NZQA's IQA process and waiting for the IQA report. When I have started this process at that time bench mark for Resident visa is 140 points. At that time I have 140 points and started this process, but around one month back criteria is changed and I need 160 points for to get the ITA. As per this criteria it is not possible to get 160 points for me.

I have started job hunting by registering at indeed, job seek sites but no response.

So please let me know is there any way to find the job by searching from overseas?

Registering on those sites isn't enough, you need to apply for as much as possible on Seek, TradeMe Jobs, and even develop your network on LinkedIn. You can also register with recruitment companies - they can be a great help. Do you intend on living in Auckland? I'm sure you're aware that if you are outside of Auckland, you can claim an additional 30 points under the SMC. As most people have found, a job offer is quite necessary now following the recent changes. Best of luck!

James