Thread: New passport and visa applications

Default New passport and visa applications

Hi,

I'm gonna apply for a new passport soon and also for skilled migrant visa. I'm trying to figure out when to apply for the passport. Do I have to have the same passport at the end of the process as I had when we lodged our application? and also the same as copy/number provided in EOI (if there is a need to provide one with EOI). And does it have to be the same passport as provided to NZQA earlier for assesing qualification?

The main reason for changing passport is that I will be also applying for a temporary Work Partnership Visa in the meantime. If my passport would be valid shorter than my partners visa would I still get partnership visa? If so, would it be just shorter period or the same as my partner ESV and I would just have to pay for the transfer to new passport later?

Thanks for your help

To answer your first paragraph - it's perfectly all right to change passports while you have an application under SMC being processed. Whenever it happens, all you need to do is to notify INZ that it has done, and the new number. If the old number is printed on your ITA instead of the new, you just amend it. There's no need for the same number as has been on NZQA communications.

That's great thanks

Anyone knows the answer for my second question?