Thread: Masters Degree and translations

Default Masters Degree and translations

Hi,

I have a few questions about IQA:

1. I have a Master's Degree. Do I have to submit also my BA Diploma and Transcript from BA studies?
    2. My school on graduation day gave me also Diploma and Transcript in English which looks exactly the same as the original, on the same paper, same stamps and signatures but Diploma has 'copy' on it and Transcript has 'ceritified copy' below the headline. Can I submit those school english copies or do I still have to translate my diploma with some NZQA approved translators?
    3. My BA Diploma was translated in my country with certified translator and I want to do the same with the transcript (if it's needed) cause it's much cheaper than in NZ. Can I actually submit that or do I have to do it with certified translator in NZ?

Thanks for help

If you are sending for IQA, yes, send all your degrees - NZQA will do up to five at the same time for the same (one) fee.

Here http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/qualificatio...-of-documents/ is what NZQA says about translations.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    If you are sending for IQA, yes, send all your degrees - NZQA will do up to five at the same time for the same (one) fee.

Here http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/qualificatio...-of-documents/ is what NZQA says about translations.
    Actually I meant do I need to send my BA to have my MA assessed correctly. Cause if I don't have to then I won't be spending even more money to translate it for them

Yes I read the page about translations and I still don't know the answers for my other two questions. Sent them an email but haven't got any reply.
    In my opinion it would be a bit stupid to translate diploma after the same school that issued the diploma already translated it.
    I have recognised translation certified by Ministry of Justice from my country. But I don't know if its recognised by NZQA. I don't know if I can only choose from list of recommended translation services or it's just the most popular ones.

Btw regarding immigration in general I was also trying temporaryenquiries@mbie.govt.nz for some other enquiries about visas few times and it seems like no one is reading it or at least no one cares to reply. have anyone tried it recently?

Your master's will probably get you the higher score under the basic 'qualifications' heading, but it's the bachelor's degree that will need to match up if you need to claim bonus points for qualifications and work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Your master's will probably get you the higher score under the basic 'qualifications' heading, but it's the bachelor's degree that will need to match up if you need to claim bonus points for qualifications and work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage.
    yup its basic qualification heading but as a partner so I guess it should be ok. I also called them and asked about should I submit one or both and they said no one is available to answer that question...

I no longer call INZ line cause every time I get contradictory answers about everything... Seems to me like people there don't have any other knowledge just operational manual in front of them like me... I remembered once I got really nice and informative response from their email to over 10 questions that I send to them but it seems like they don't respond to emails anymore. It's so hard to find out sth about anything now....

it seems like they don't respond to emails anymore. It's so hard to find out sth about anything now....
    Quite agree.

I've been able to contact NZQA and I found out that to assess my MA they also need my BA Diploma and Transcript. As for translations they don't really care who's doing translations as long as it's certified/professional service.