Thread: Working for 2 employers cocurrently under two different visas

Question Working for 2 employers cocurrently under two different visas

Good Afternoon everyone.

I have a bit of a tricky situation:
    • I have been working for employer X under a Working Holiday Visa (which is set to expire in June 2017)
    • I have gotten a job offer from an accredited employer Y and I will apply for the appropriate visa.
    • I'm supposed to start in a couple of weeks with my employer Y (with the new AE work visa); however, I will still be on the payroll with my current employer X until early January (as I'm taking paid leave as part of my notice period). There's no garden leave provision in the contract with my current employer X.

My question is, is this a valid thing to do? Can I hold a working holiday visa (that doesn't tie me having just one employer) AND a work visa (with the employer limitations)? Or would the new AE work visa automatically cancel my WHV, thus making me ineligible to work with employer X

The alternative would be to ask for payment in lieu of the paid leave, but I would be missing out on the four national holidays related to christmas and new years :P

the new visa will definitely void your WHV

sorry can not chime in on your other predicament, will definitely have to wait for a senior poster to reply
    goodluck

This is on the eVisa issued (ESWV):

You can only hold one visa at a time. Any previous visa you held is now void and has been replaced
    by the visa referred to in this letter.

Hi there!

I went from a WHV to an AE visa in July .. Once the AE visa was approved the WHV disappeared from the "current visas" section of my online profile, so I guess it was withdrawn/invalid?

Maybe you could wait to apply for your AE visa until January, and use the WHV in the meantime for both jobs? Just a hint on the AE visa application - approval was really fast, it took less than 2 days.

Good luck with your new job!