Thread: Partnership Residence online status approved but less than 12 months evidence supplied

Default Partnership Residence online status approved but less than 12 months evidence supplied

Hi all,

Mid September my partner lodged her residence based on her partnership with me, we had been living together 6 weeks less than the 12 month required period and were expecting our CO to contact us for more evidence to show the 12 month total when we finally got allocated a CO (as by the time we got a CO we would have fulfilled the 12 month living together requirement).

Yesterday we got an email saying the online status has been changed and we looked and it now says "approved", this was a surprise to us as we did not submit 12 months of living together evidence, but we had spent 3 weeks together in another country before she came to NZ then had a few months apart then lived together for 10.5 months before applying for her residence, perhaps they have taken this into consideration?

I have a few questions below which we would be grateful to have answered.

(1) Can someone let us know if the online status "approved" means she has got her residence 100% with no chance of it being changed back or us being asked for more evidence of our partnership?

(2) How did we get away with only 10.5 months of evidence rather than the 12 months required? (perhaps it was those 3 weeks we spent together?).

(3) I see some people on here talking about "approved" and "AIP" (approved in principle) what is the meaning of these two? do we need to now wait for AIP also?

(3) Finally has she already passed the second person check if her online status is "approved?

Thanks in advance to all the helpful people on here

1. Yes.

2. Yes - that's still 'together'.

3. Just answered on your other thread. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....ht=#post548266

4. Yes.

So now -