Thread: Partnership Residency Time Frame

Default Partnership Residency Time Frame

Hi,

I am new to this forum and was after some advice if possible please?!

I am about to submit my Residency under Partnership application (my husband of 13 years is an expat kiwi living in London for the past 15 years, we have 2 children together who both have NZ passports and NZ citizenship by descent). I have just had my Limited Medical and chest x-ray, grading A, and a clear (no trace) police check. I will be submitting my application in early January as we are in NZ for Xmas visiting family.

I was just wondering that the time frame for the residency could possibly be? Apparently all partnership residency applications are now sent to Auckland instead of London and I have read that it could take 6-9 months??

Many thanks in advance.

Yes, indeed, it can take that long, or longer, but some people have had a pleasant surprise. It's not predictable, because apart from any requests from your CO for extra information, processing of your case can be held up by e.g. staff sickness or retraining, or pressure of work in INZ offices. INZ are VERY busy at the moment, with COs routinely working 90 - 100 cases at a time in rotation.

My wife is a kiwi, and has been living with me in Ireland for close to a decade. We have a 2 year old Irish/NZ Citizen son. We sent off our application around the 20th of september (ish), and we got our documents returned from the visa application services in London in very early November. We received an email from our case officer on friday asking about our future plans. The CO is based in Manukau. I think the partners of expat kiwis are supposed to get priority, but perhaps I'm wrong. So, in all, just under 2 months from submission to being assigned a case officer for us.

I am in a similar situation to you. Originally applied to the London office but my application was moved to New Zealand. All in all it took just a little over two months to get assigned a CO and he stated it could take 3-6 months for processing; although it hopefully won't take that long he said.

Not sure if my comment is relevant as I applied under the same category through the London office on 4/8/16 and my application has stayed with them rather than go to the Auckland office. Last Monday we had an email saying everything has now been checked and it has been sent to the quality checking queue and to expect more contact in 2-3 weeks.
    Am really hoping that it will be positive news for us as we just want to book flights now

Just an update on my partnership residency visa application. I submitted the forms from London and they arrived in Auckland on the 6th January. Today I found out I have been given Permanent Residency!! No contact from a case officer and it took 2 months and 2 days to process. Happy days!!

Hi Welshbird. That's fantastic news for you! My partner is in a similar position as I am an expat kiwi living in the UK for 20 years. 14 years with my partner and a 5 year old son who has his NZ passport. Would you mind advising me on how much partnership evidence (and what types) you sent to support your application? As we are in such a similar position it would be really helpful to get your input on what worked for you.

Fingers crossed we get a similar result

Hi, yes of course. I sent the following, all covering the full 14 years we have been together.
    Marriage certificate
    Children's birth certificates
    Joint mortgage agreements and statements for both properties we own and letters from solicitor referencing the purchase of each property
    Joint bank statements
    Joint credit card statements
    Car insurance documents showing both as named drivers
    Council tax bills in both names
    Home insurance policy in both names
    Statements for the property we rent out in both names
    Life insurance documents in both names
    Holiday details, booking details and boarding passes
    Photos of us as a couple and as a family over many years
    Letter of support from family
    I also included a covering letter which detailed a time line of our relationship and when we would be arriving in NZ and what our plans would be.

Good luck!