Thread: Can we claim points for more than one qualification in NZ in EOI

Default Can we claim points for more than one qualification in NZ in EOI

HI,

My wife has gained two qualifications in NZ

PGDBE (Level 8)
    NZ certificate in General Baking (Level 4)

She got a full time Baker job in NZ and we are about to submit EOI with 165 points. we have not claimed any points for her level 4 Certification in NZ (which is actually entitled for 40 points).

My question is can we claim points for both of these together? if yes how do we do that? because i have tried doing that while filling online EOI but system has not given any points for level 4 qualification even after ticking that we are claiming points for that!!

Please help

Thanks
    Vikas

why would you want to claim more than 165 points?

Thanks for following the thread Chris.

my concern is in regards to her PGDBE course she completed here in NZ in Nov 2011 (started march 2010) . its a level 8 course from SIT, Invercargill. now i am confused if INZ will give 5 bonus points treating it as "recognized level 4-8 qualification started before july 2011" OR 10 bonus points treating it as "post graduate qualification 1 year or more". it later case we make it to 165 points however in former case its borderline 160.

so just wanted to avoid any risk.

please advise.

Quote Originally Posted by vikasdeep.nz View Post
    Thanks for following the thread Chris.

my concern is in regards to her PGDBE course she completed here in NZ in Nov 2011 (started march 2010) . its a level 8 course from SIT, Invercargill. now i am confused if INZ will give 5 bonus points treating it as "recognized level 4-8 qualification started before july 2011" OR 10 bonus points treating it as "post graduate qualification 1 year or more". it later case we make it to 165 points however in former case its borderline 160.

so just wanted to avoid any risk.

please advise.
    160 points is the selection point

Quote Originally Posted by vikasdeep.nz View Post
    HI,

My wife has gained two qualifications in NZ

PGDBE (Level 8)
    NZ certificate in General Baking (Level 4)

She got a full time Baker job in NZ and we are about to submit EOI with 165 points. we have not claimed any points for her level 4 Certification in NZ (which is actually entitled for 40 points).

My question is can we claim points for both of these together? if yes how do we do that? because i have tried doing that while filling online EOI but system has not given any points for level 4 qualification even after ticking that we are claiming points for that!!

Please help

Thanks
    Vikas
    Hi,

In my case, I have a bachelor degree and a Master - when completing the EOI at the end the system selected the points for my Master, being this one the higher qualification.

Good luck!