Thread: Smc eoi

Default Smc eoi

Hi,

I am currently working through my EOI for SMC visa (Electrical Engineer). I now have the EOI application completed apart from one section 'Employment details' as I am still searching......

Without the Job offer i am sitting at 130 points but with the offer i'll be at 180.

My questions:

Can I apply for the EOI SMC without a job offer? I see the min points is 100??
    I have a very proactive technical employment agent looking at several positions, who is very confident that they'll find me a position - would INZ accept their (ADECCO) details for the employment section in the EOI? I think I already know the answer to this but you never know.......

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by phughson View Post
    Hi,

I am currently working through my EOI for SMC visa (Electrical Engineer). I now have the EOI application completed apart from one section 'Employment details' as I am still searching......

Without the Job offer i am sitting at 130 points but with the offer i'll be at 180.

My questions:

Can I apply for the EOI SMC without a job offer? I see the min points is 100??
    I have a very proactive technical employment agent looking at several positions, who is very confident that they'll find me a position - would INZ accept their (ADECCO) details for the employment section in the EOI? I think I already know the answer to this but you never know.......

Thanks in advance.
    No 160 or more will be selected only. U can applay but u will not be selected from pool.

Please read this information https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...anges/nzrp-smc

What is happening with the Skilled Migrant Category points threshold and why?

What was the situation before?

Previously, all EOIs were selected where the person had claimed:
    —140 points or more
    —100-139 points, where they claimed points for a New Zealand job offer

What are the changes?

From 12 October 2016 only EOIs with 160 points or more will be selected. This will enable the number of Skilled Migrant Category resident visas granted in 2016/17 to remain within the target range.

Why does this have to change?

New Zealand is currently a popular destination, and therefore there is a very high demand for places under the Skilled Migrant Category. To ensure that this demand is managed effectively, the Government has set the total planning range for the Skilled/Business stream of the NZRP across the 2016/17 and 2017/18 years at 50,500–57,500. If INZ was to continue to select EOIs using the same thresholds as previously, more visas would be granted than the target range allows.

Is the new points threshold of 160 permanent?

No. The automatic selection mark for EOIs may be adjusted as necessary to manage the achievement of the overall New Zealand Residence Programme.

The number of EOIs being selected is down by nearly 2/3

The Skilled migrant residence takes 6 months or more to process. I wouldn't have thought many employers could wait that long, especially as there are no guarantees it will be processed in 6 months.

I came to new zealand and got a job offer after about 6 weeks, getting an essential skills visa then takes about 3-4 weeks. My employer is willing to wait that long. I suppose it's similar to a notice period. It is easier to be here if your work/family/financial situation allows.

Once you have a job offer or are in work (skilled employment) you get the 50 points so can apply straight away for SMC. My EOI went in this afternoon

There is also the work to residence visa that may be worth looking at. I am led to believe these are awarded much quicker? But also need a job offer.
    Last edited by squowse; 21st November 2016 at 06:13 PM.