Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd person checking timeline

Default 2nd person checking timeline

Hi guys,

I am little bit worried on 2nd person checking. what is the timeline? its more than a week now.

My status is got 3 months work already submitted my evidences and my CO emailed my supervisor already. and currently got work visa under essential skill because my visa will expire on saturday.

some rumors spreading that this is just the way of the immigration to hold approval because of the new rule. My SMC deferral will not be granted.

Please enlighten me.

thanks

Hi JazRey,

the 2nd PC can take up to 10 working days according to INZ website.

If the rules change for SMC, it is very unlikely you will be affected. Usually immigration law that was used when you submitted your application is applied to your case. Good luck and hope to see it approved soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian91 View Post
    Hi JazRey,

the 2nd PC can take up to 10 working days according to INZ website.

If the rules change for SMC, it is very unlikely you will be affected. Usually immigration law that was used when you submitted your application is applied to your case. Good luck and hope to see it approved soon!
    thank you very much!

My application is currently undergoing the 2nd person check and I was told last Monday that I should expect contact in 2 to 3 weeks. Thats from the London office.

2pc timing varies with the volume of work going through INZ offices, and it's unpredictable. I've seen everything from HOURS, to MONTHS, with most applications taking somewhere in the middle, at a few weeks. INZ statements of timing are NEVER a promise, more like a hopeful statement based on recent averages.

Don't believe rumours. As Sebastian91 said, applications that are already in hand are not affected by the recent changes.
    What if I’ve already applied under the Skilled Migrant Category?

If you’ve already applied, the requirements that were in place on the date you made your application will continue to apply to you. You don’t need to meet the new point threshold and the new requirements for English language evidence do not apply to you.
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...anges/nzrp-smc

thank you! I'll try my best to be patient. The good thing its in the last stage already

Jazrey how did you find out that your file is with 2pc?

Quote Originally Posted by coolnicewise View Post
    Jazrey how did you find out that your file is with 2pc?
    My CO called me yesterday that they are working in a system and they cant expedite. my application is still with the second person checking since this week. So i have to be patient. I am on the last step already.

Just an update for you all, I found out today my residency application has been approved finally!
    From application being submitted on 4th August with no problems to now it was pretty much spot on the 4 months timeframe they gave.
    One worry I got after speaking with my IO is that he said wait for passports to arrive before booking flights as need to make sure visa labels are correct. My question is, we are looking to fly in February so even if there was an issue with the labels would it be risky to book now? Surely sending them back to get corrected wouldn't take 2 months?

I should think the CO was imagining you might want to book to go as soon as possible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast