Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: General Questions!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    United Kingdom

    Default General Questions!

    Hi there,

    My husband and I are moving to New Zealand in January 2017 on a 23mth holiday working visa! We are very excited for this new adventure and cannot wait to start exploring the beautiful country of New Zealand!

    I have a few questions, if you would be so kind to help!

    1. Can we purchase a car with a UK drivers license?
    2. How can I get medication - e.g contraceptive pill. How much will this cost roughly?
    3. Can anyone recommend a reliable bank where we can open an account?

    Thank you!!
    Ruth xo

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008


    1. Yes.

    2. See here. You will need to see a NZ doctor as a casual patient, for which you will pay a fee, and will pay the full price for the prescribed medication. (For the pill, it's worth seeing how many months' treatment your regular UK supplier is willing to prescribe for you in advance.) I don't know about costs - someone who has done this will probably be along to comment later.

    3. Lots of old threads on this topic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts