Thread: My Partner and I have never lived together how can she come over

Default My Partner and I have never lived together how can she come over

Hi all,

So I have read a number of forums here about the partner visa and the importance of living together.
    Background: I am a NZ citizen and meet my partner 2.5 years ago when we were studying in Europe. Our issue is that we have never lived together. We were at the same uni in the Netherlands living in separate rooms in student accommodation then she has lived at home in Spain and we commuted to see each other for 6 months. I moved back to NZ 8 months ago, she has been here four times to visit me. I have no issues proving we are in a committed relationship and plan on proposing to her once we have been together in NZ.

Now the issue is how can we live together if she can't get a visa to NZ. Spain has limited working holiday visas which are difficult to get.

It seems to me possibly the only way would be for her to come over for 3 months on holiday. We live together over that period and then we apply for a partner visa. But that seem very difficult and rather like it may have issues.

Does anyone on here have any ideas about how we could work this out.

Thanks a lot

It seems to me possibly the only way would be for her to come over for 3 months on holiday. We live together over that period and then we apply for a partner visa.
    I think you have found your own answer.

If you want to share what difficulties and issues you are worried about, perhaps other people can help...?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I think you have found your own answer.

JandM is right that you've found your own answer

I currently have a partnership sponsored work visa (1 year validity) through my boyfriend.
    Me and my boyfriend (NZ citizen) were in pretty much the same situation you and your partner are currently in ie never lived together.
    I too was from a country where working holiday visas are difficult to obtain and in fact tried but failed to obtain one.
    We met online and were in a long distance relationship, only meeting and staying together during vacations which INZ does not classify as "living together"

Here is the timeline of what we did
    May 2016 - I arrived in NZ on 3 months visitors visa
    July 2016 - Apply for 3 months extension on visitors visa (making sure I am in the country legally to allow sufficient time processing of work visa)
    Aug 2016 - Acquire 3 months living together, submit evidences to Immigration NZ

I heard back from INZ within 3 weeks and am thankful and happy to say I currently have a partnership-sponsored work visa.

Hope it helps!

Quote Originally Posted by yui10g View Post
    JandM is right that you've found your own answer

I currently have a partnership sponsored work visa (1 year validity) through my boyfriend.
    Me and my boyfriend (NZ citizen) were in pretty much the same situation you and your partner are currently in ie never lived together.
    I too was from a country where working holiday visas are difficult to obtain and in fact tried but failed to obtain one.
    We met online and were in a long distance relationship, only meeting and staying together during vacations which INZ does not classify as "living together"

Here is the timeline of what we did
    May 2016 - I arrived in NZ on 3 months visitors visa
    July 2016 - Apply for 3 months extension on visitors visa (making sure I am in the country legally to allow sufficient time processing of work visa)
    Aug 2016 - Acquire 3 months living together, submit evidences to Immigration NZ

I heard back from INZ within 3 weeks and am thankful and happy to say I currently have a partnership-sponsored work visa.

Hope it helps!
    What evidence did you submit?can you specify please?