Thread: Need help with partnership based work visa

Default Need help with partnership based work visa

Hey guys
    I need some help. I moved in with my partner around 15th October. The problem is we haven't collected that many proof since we moved in because we were looking to settle down first. We been collecting proof since start of November. Till now we have tenancy agreement, joint account and photos. Receipts from grocery shopping. Now the problem is I don't have much time. My current visa expires on January 31,2017. I work full time but I need to apply for my visa earlier so I don't lose my job. Also another thing is we are looking to get married I'm December. I know it may seem like a rushed decision but first thing we just get along really well and second m Indian so my mother doesn't really approves de facto bcoz in our culture we can't live together before marriage.
    So if I apply for my visa by start of January, by then we would have onli lived together for 2ish months although we would be married.
    Can someone suggest me something please? Like do I have chances?
    Thanks

There have been people granted a visa on the basis of around two months' GOOD and PLENTIFUL evidence. See old threads https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof for ideas, and taking the collecting of this VERY seriously. Several pieces of evidence of different kinds, showing you are both living there together and going about together as a couple, for every passing WEEK. Remember you will need to keep on collecting after the application has gone in - INZ will want proof you are still together while the processing is going on, and afterwards, for residence (which needs 12 months' proof, this first part counting in as well, so keep photocopies of everything, and detailed records).

Notice, you can't be certain your application will be processed in only a month, and/but as long as you put in your application while you are still covered by your existing visa, you will be granted an Interim visa if INZ haven't finished processing before your expiry date, to keep you legally living in NZ meantime, but it won't give you the same rights as your present visa. See here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...isa-conditions