Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Skilled Migrant Visa - Approved in Principle

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I don't know the answer to that one. Has anyone else had this "insurance letter" required, who can tell us what it is? (If you don't get a reply here, ask INZ themselves.)
    It was my student travel insurance letter... I dropped at the INZ Manukau Branch the AIP Letter, with passports and documents they required on Tuesday. Is it still taking 2 weeks to get the passports back with the Blue Stickers on it?

Yes, the last anyone said.

When your passport comes back, on the visa label you will see a date in a year's time by which the visa MUST be activated, by being presented at Immigration at the airport when you arrive in NZ. (If you don't do that, the visa will lapse.) Once you are in NZ on a Residence visa, it lasts for ever, but there are two years' travel conditions with it which allow you to leave the country and return as often as you like within that two years. If you are outside NZ when the travel conditions run out after two years, you don't have permission to go back in, so you need to think ahead and make sure that by that time, you have qualified for Permanent Residence (or a variation of travel conditions) - details here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...anent-resident
    Approximately what is the turnaround time to stick the Visa in the Passport? - Branch: London.

As far as anyone has been saying, about two weeks. It can be sooner. It's rarely more.

Hello,

I received the VISA (Resident VISA) stamped in my Passport with the Expiry Date. This VISA is for me and my Wife.
    I want to understand whether we both should land in NZ to activate the VISA or only I can step in and dependent VISA is automatically activated?

Thanks,
    Sankar.

No, each person must arrive in NZ to activate their own visa. If your wife does not activate her visa before the date printed upon it, it will lapse.

As far as anyone has been saying, about two weeks. It can be sooner. It's rarely more.
    It took 4 weeks for us to get our passports back...

Sent on 28th Feb 2017, visa issued on 9th March 2017 and passports received back on 28th March 2017.

It really depend on the workload of branch...I was approved from London Branch but I sent my passports to Dubai Branch as per Instructions of my AIP letter!

I got my Resident Visa by Skilled Migrant Category. My First Entry date is in Dec-2017.
    I want to understand, whether I can step into NZ, activate my Visa and come back or do I need to stay for some time period to have my Visa active?

As JandM mentioned here https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...457#post558457 , each person must enter NZ in order to activate his / her RV before the first entry date. In your case it is Dec 2017.
    You can leave NZ the next day and come back to NZ again until two years. It will be mentioned in your visa label ( on the passport)

Thank you for your information. Someone told me that. After my first visit, I need to stay in NZ for minimum 180 days per year for 2 years (basically pay Tax in NZ) to have my Visa active? Is that the case?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast