Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Skilled Migrant Visa - Approved in Principle

You are welcome.

Kindly read through:

https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=53111
    https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50535

There are some more posts on this forum on this topic. I will try to post it here ( in fact my own posts , but not able to find them right now)
    Initially, I had the same impression you , but that impression was totally incorrect. I am sure you will thoroughly understand it soon from this forum.

Hi there, please find my post here: You would find the replies from JandM here. Hope it helps you.
    https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...491#post550491

What is your suggestion / advice for a new comer (thru Skilled Migrant Category VISA) to get a Job as early as possible?

Hope you have understood the answer to your question here https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...802#post559802

Regarding job: Land in NZ to find a job unless you are a very very specially skilled and very very talented resource. Employers are always interested in face to face interviews and meet ups. There is another forum on this site about jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    No, each person must arrive in NZ to activate their own visa. If your wife does not activate her visa before the date printed upon it, it will lapse.
    Is there a possibility of extending the arrival date due to medical reason? Either me or my wife is held up with some medical conditions, can I appeal Immigration officer to extend my Arrival date?
    Please advice.

as far as I know, not possible to extend this date.....
    Hope JandM or other will shed some light on this

No, the date by which the visa must be activated is ABSOLUTE. Even when planning to travel, it is recommended to allow at least 4 days before the use-by date, because NO excuses are accepted. Arrive at the NZ airport 10 minutes after the end of the day in question, even if it is because there was an aircraft malfunction or severe weather event (i.e. nothing that was your fault, absolutely beyond your control), and you would still be refused entry because your visa and entry permission would have lapsed through non-activation.

You do not both have to travel together. One can go and activate their visa while they are well, then the other later if in their turn they have recovered, as long as it is before the date on the label.

Neither of you has to stay in NZ at that time, having activated the visa, if it is thought desirable for you to go back to complete a course of treatment.

hi friends
    please help.
    my residency aplication is on second person check from 6th of July. but my employer sold out the business so last date of business is 26th of july. so please advice me what should i do ? should i do wait for my residecny decision or should i inform to my CO that my work place has been sold out? any advice please . thanks in advance

Is the business going to continue? Are you and the other employees still keeping your jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    No, the date by which the visa must be activated is ABSOLUTE. Even when planning to travel, it is recommended to allow at least 4 days before the use-by date, because NO excuses are accepted. Arrive at the NZ airport 10 minutes after the end of the day in question, even if it is because there was an aircraft malfunction or severe weather event (i.e. nothing that was your fault, absolutely beyond your control), and you would still be refused entry because your visa and entry permission would have lapsed through non-activation.

You do not both have to travel together. One can go and activate their visa while they are well, then the other later if in their turn they have recovered, as long as it is before the date on the label.

Neither of you has to stay in NZ at that time, having activated the visa, if it is thought desirable for you to go back to complete a course of treatment.
    Once I step in and activate my Visa, can I immediately return back? Or should I need to stay in NZ for some days?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast