Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Skilled Migrant Visa - Approved in Principle

You have to apply. Look at the Process tab for the procedure to follow. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-resident-visa

Hello,

I am having NZ Resident VISA.
    I have landed here in NZ on 28th April-2019. Right now I have completed my stay around 1 year 6 months. (I have completed 180 days in first year and 180 days in 2nd year).
    My wife landed here in NZ on 11th August-2019. She completed her stay around 1 year 3 months. She is a dependent and I am the primary VISA holder.
    Am I fine to apply for Permanent Resident VISA now? or I need to wait until I complete 2 years, which means till 28th April-2021?

If I can apply now, can I include my wife in my application?

Please clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by sankarl View Post
    Hello,

I am having NZ Resident VISA.
    I have landed here in NZ on 28th April-2019. Right now I have completed my stay around 1 year 6 months. (I have completed 180 days in first year and 180 days in 2nd year).
    My wife landed here in NZ on 11th August-2019. She completed her stay around 1 year 3 months. She is a dependent and I am the primary VISA holder.
    Am I fine to apply for Permanent Resident VISA now? or I need to wait until I complete 2 years, which means till 28th April-2021?

Please clarify.
    You need to hold your residence visa continuously for at least 24 months at the time of application.
    Here is a prior discussion that might help you.
    https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...378#post593378

Thanks,
    Saumya

You may be granted a Permanent Resident Visa when you meet all of the requirements set out at RV2.5, which are:

1. you either:
      1. hold a Resident Visa, and have held that Resident Visa continuously for at least 24 months at the time of application; or
      2. have held a Resident Visa in the three months before the application is made, and had held that Resident Visa continuously for at least 24 months before it expired (provided RV1.25 does not apply); and
    2. your first day in New Zealand as a resident (R5.66.1) is at least 24 months before the application is made; and
    3. you can demonstrate a commitment to New Zealand (there are five ways in which you can demonstrate this, and any one of those ways will do); and
    4. you have met any conditions imposed under section 49(1) or section 50 of the Immigration Act; and
    5. you continue to meet character requirements for residence (see A5).

You may include your wife in your application if your wife meets the definition of a partner at R2.1.

If your wife was a non-principal applicant in the original Resident Visa application, your wife's eligibility for a Permanent Resident Visa will be assessed as a non-principal applicant under RV1.20. If your wife was a principal applicant in her own Resident Visa application, your wife may still be included on your application per R2.1, but must meet the requirements of RV2.5 in her own right as RV1.20 will not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by VedSaumya View Post
    You need to hold your residence visa continuously for at least 24 months at the time of application.
    Here is a prior discussion that might help you.
    https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...378#post593378

Thanks,
    Saumya
    Thanks much for your reply. I received my Resident VISA on 7th-Dec-2016. But I entered into NZ on 28th-April-2019 and staying here till date completing 1.5 years.
    In this case, am I eligible to apply for my PR now? or I need to complete 2 years stay period to apply for the PR?

Thanks,
    Sankar.

Thanks much for your reply. I received my Resident VISA on 7th-Dec-2016. But I entered into NZ on 28th-April-2019 and staying here till date completing 1.5 years.
    In this case, am I eligible to apply for my PR now? or I need to complete 2 years stay period to apply for the PR?

Thanks,
    Sankar.
    If you look at the criteria above, it says "the principal applicant's first day in New Zealand as a resident (R5.66.5(b)) was at least 24 months before the application is made; and".

So your calculation of 24 months will be from the first day of landing in New Zealand. Perhaps Kelerei or JandM can further confirm this.

One of the requirements for the grant of a Permanent Resident Visa that I mentioned in my post above (RV2.5(b)) is that it must be at least 2 years since your first day in New Zealand as a resident before you may be eligible. This is over and above the requirement that you must have held a Resident Visa for 24 months continuously (RV2.5(a)).

Your first day in New Zealand as a resident depends on whether you were in New Zealand or not when the Resident Visa was granted (R5.66.5(b)):

• If you were in New Zealand when the Resident Visa was granted, your first day in New Zealand as a resident is the day the Resident Visa was granted.
    • If you were outside New Zealand when the Resident Visa was granted, your first day in New Zealand as a resident is the day you first entered New Zealand holding that Resident Visa.

If you apply for a Permanent Resident Visa before it has been 2 years since your first day in New Zealand as a resident, your application will be declined on the grounds of not meeting RV2.5(b). However, INZ will have discretion to alternatively assess your eligibility for a variation of travel conditions under RV3 if you give them permission to do so (RV2.25).

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    One of the requirements for the grant of a Permanent Resident Visa that I mentioned in my post above (RV2.5(b)) is that it must be at least 2 years since your first day in New Zealand as a resident before you may be eligible. This is over and above the requirement that you must have held a Resident Visa for 24 months continuously (RV2.5(a)).

Your first day in New Zealand as a resident depends on whether you were in New Zealand or not when the Resident Visa was granted (R5.66.5(b)):

• If you were in New Zealand when the Resident Visa was granted, your first day in New Zealand as a resident is the day the Resident Visa was granted.
    • If you were outside New Zealand when the Resident Visa was granted, your first day in New Zealand as a resident is the day you first entered New Zealand holding that Resident Visa.

If you apply for a Permanent Resident Visa before it has been 2 years since your first day in New Zealand as a resident, your application will be declined on the grounds of not meeting RV2.5(b). However, INZ will have discretion to alternatively assess your eligibility for a variation of travel conditions under RV3 if you give them permission to do so (RV2.25).

Thanks much Kelerei for your reply.

Won't this below condition apply for my case?

RV2.5.1 Significant period of time spent in New Zealand

A principal applicant has demonstrated a commitment to New Zealand if they have been in New Zealand as a resident for a total of 184 days or more in each of the two 12-month portions of the 24 months immediately preceding the date their application for a permanent resident visa was made (ie, in each of the two 12-month portions, a period or periods that amount to 184 days or more).

Thanks,
    Sankar.

Thanks much Kelerei for your reply.

Won't this below condition apply for my case?

RV2.5.1 Significant period of time spent in New Zealand

A principal applicant has demonstrated a commitment to New Zealand if they have been in New Zealand as a resident for a total of 184 days or more in each of the two 12-month portions of the 24 months immediately preceding the date their application for a permanent resident visa was made (ie, in each of the two 12-month portions, a period or periods that amount to 184 days or more).

Thanks,
    Sankar.
    Please re-read this post. RV2.5.1 is one of five possible ways in which you may demonstrate a commitment to New Zealand, and meeting that only means that RV2.5(c) is met. You must still meet RV2.5(a), RV2.5(b), RV2.5(d) and RV2.5(e). Not meeting any one of those will result in your application being declined.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    Please re-read this post. RV2.5.1 is one of five possible ways in which you may demonstrate a commitment to New Zealand, and meeting that only means that RV2.5(c) is met. You must still meet RV2.5(a), RV2.5(b), RV2.5(d) and RV2.5(e). Not meeting any one of those will result in your application being declined.
    Sorry and Thank you for clarifying me on my PR Application.

Thanks,
    Sankar.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast