Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Skilled Migrant Visa - Approved in Principle

Need a clarification.. I am the Primary Resident VISA holder. My Wife and my Baby are dependents.
    While applying for Permanent Resident, is it sufficient to have Primary person completing 2 years in NZ or all the 3 people should complete 2 years in NZ?

Need a clarification.. I am the Primary Applicant for Resident VISA. My wife and my baby are dependents.
    For applying for Permanent Resident, is it ok for the Primary Applicant to complete 2 years in NZ or all the 3 people should complete their 2 years in NZ?

I see I covered this matter in a previous post. Please click here and read it carefully. https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...501#post583501

As your wife was a secondary applicant on your application for Residence, so she got Residence along with you, and she activated her Residence visa by eentering the country using that visa, then YOU, the principal applicant, will qualify for both of you, and there are no requirements on her. See here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#45650.htm RV1.20 b. Your daughter's application for Residence will have been separate, so she will have to qualify for PR in her own right.

Hello,

I am planning to Apply for Permanent Resident VISA.. When I searched in the Immigration site, it is taking me to Paper Application. Can't I apply online? I remember, I have seen online application process before?
    Please advice.

Thanks,
    Sankar.

No, you can't apply for PR online. Look at the Process heading on the INZ factsheet here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-resident-visa

Is there a provision in the operational manual or Immigration Act that says an original passport need to be sighted before a residence visa is issued?

There isn't a specific instruction pertaining to the issuance of a residence class visa, but there is a generic instruction applicable to all visa applications: A13.1. Note that A13.1(d) gives an immigration officer the power to request any original document (including a passport) at any time during processing of an application.

In practice, it appears from people posting their experiences (including the experience of my partner and I) that INZ will generally only issue an Approved in Principle letter requesting the sighting of an original passport if they have not previously sighted it -- but keep in mind that this general pattern may not always apply.

I dont know whats in operation manual.
    But the PR form recommends to send original passport. Its worth sending it in my experience.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789