Thread: Is it recommended to email or call the CO to request processing faster for my visa?

Question Is it recommended to email or call the CO to request processing faster for my visa?

Hi guys.

My essential skill work visa application was submitted online on 16 Oct and was asked to provide some more documents 2 weeks ago. Then no updates anymore. My WHV has expired on 3rd November which means I have been waiting without working for 3 weeks already. That's really stressful and also my employer has been asking me about updates everyday. It seems everyone in the company are really busy and they can't wait for me anymore. So if I still have no result I will loss my job!

I would like to ask for advice that if I should email my CO for speeding up or not? If yes, how shall I write the email to avoid making CO annoyed and feel that I'm pushing her?

Thank you guys!

Probably worth politely asking if there is anything else you can provide.
    You can also explain the situation and explain that your employer is desperate (ie their tardiness is hurting the NZ economy!).
    Don't say that out loud of course but they are working for the benefit of NZ, not you, so if you can remind them of that subtly then do so.

Well I pretty sure can tell u your work visa will process 2 months or even more.... Why because now thousand people applay work visa due cant elligible for residence.... I wait my work visa >2 months..... Your application was taking than request documents, you send now its back to que..... and waiting next turn.... I told u dont call them about speed up because they can slow down it......
    Last edited by mmm; 29th November 2016 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    Well I pretty sure can tell u your work visa will process 2 months or even more.... Why because now thousand people applay work visa due cant elligible for residence.... I wait my work visa >2 months..... Your application was taking than request documents, you send now its back to que..... and waiting next turn.... I told u dont call them about speed up because they can slow down it......
    Oh my god! Christmas is coming soon! That's so annoying!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi there. Thank you for the advice!

I don't think they can slow it down because they are annoyed with you bothering them! And the stated timeline for work visas is 23 days. Maybe yours is a more difficult case or maybe they are still missing documents. It doesn't hurt to ask politely.
    Last edited by squowse; 29th November 2016 at 08:49 AM.

There is nothing wrong in conveying your situation to the CO. they are human too. they will understand. good luck.

To be honest )) they dont care. i ty contact what she say thats your problem not ours....