Thread: Residency sponsored by partner - Additional evidence requested

Question Residency sponsored by partner - Additional evidence requested

Hi there,

I have sent my application for the resident visa a couple of weeks ago and today I received an email from an immigration officer asking me for more documents.

Here is the list of evidence requested:
    1. Original or certified true copies of joint or individual homeownership or residential tenancy agreement

2. Original or certified true copies of individual or joint correspondence submitted with the application

3. Explanation regarding the cultural difference between you and your partner and whether you and/or your partner have had to make any lifestyle changes in order to accommodate these differences

Point 1: OK I had sent a scanned copy for a tenancy agreement renewal because this is all I had but asked an original copy to our real estate agency

Point 2: do they want all the original copies I have submitted with my application? Original copies that they sent back with my passport? Note: for the bills, we receive them by email so I attached to my application copy of each email related to each bill and they kept them.

Point 3: WTH??? Does anyone ever have to write an essay about differences between France and NZ? What kind of explanation do they expect? Does my partner has to write a letter as well to explain what change in his life?

Of course I only have 5 days to gather all these new evidences so your help would be really really really appreciated!

Thanks
    F.

First thing: about eighteen months ago, the NZ government told INZ to only give very short deadlines for replies. This was supposed to speed up processing - ! In practice, INZ COs know that some evidence cannot be magicked up in no time at all, particularly if it involves getting replies from third parties, and as long as you REPLY within the stated time, telling them what you are doing to get what they have required, they are reasonable about allowing the necessary delay.

1. As above.

2. It sounds as though someone sent your evidence back without having ticked the box to say they've seen the originals. Maybe go along to a JP and get copies certified as a back-up plan, if you're going to send the originals again. By the way, INZ may very well ask to see more evidence just before your visa is granted, so keep on collecting to cover the processing time.

3. People have mentioned this before. If it's no big deal for you, then there isn't much to say. If, for instance, you already spoke and wrote fluent English before you met, that would account for a lot of 'no problem'. Or you've both enjoyed trying each other's favourite family recipes... I agree, it's an odd question, unless one partner from a mud hut in the jungle was moving to a CBD skyscraper.

Hahaha no we both come from 2 civilised cities .

It wouldn't be a problem to submit documents certified by a JP whereas they weren't the first I gave them? I had given various types of documents where we could see the address (from pizza receipt to our real estate agency letters), should I certify ALL of them? Sorry if my question seems dumb but for my previous work visa applications they never asked anything and now for the residency one they become picky.

Thanks for your help and information you gave me.

They are supposed to see originals or certified copies. Of course, they HAD the originals but sent them back. I was thinking, JUST IN CASE anything went wrong again, and your originals were mislaid, if you had certified copies of everything, you would still have evidence they would have to take notice of. There's no 'have to' about it.