Thread: JOB Offer :) (now time for the medical)

Default JOB Offer :) (now time for the medical)

Hello All,

I have been offered a job in Auckland with an accredited employer.

The Visa would be a Work to Residency (Accredited Employer).

Salary etc has been agreed, i just need to accept it.

Just wanted the help of this forum to advise me on what i should do regarding my Medical on my Visa application.

I have a high BMI (34) and my waist line is above the maximum on the panel docs instructions. In previous blood tests i have had high collestoral count (both good and bad collestarol). Apart from them i have no health issues, i cycle every night, play 5 aside footbal once a week and have rugby training once a week with matches once a week during the season. (I am aware my application will definately be reffered to the medical assesor)

The only diagnosed problem i have is Acid reflux which is controlled via diet and occasionally omeprazole when it flares up.

My question is should i:

1) Get the medical over and done with and await the medical assesors findings/extra tests/requirements?

2) advise the panel doctor that my bmi and waist etc are high and ask for extra tests prior to the medical assesor advising on the extra tests?

As i have a job offer i am worried that any delays by the medcial assesor could effect my job offer.

I have went to my doctor to register my BMI and working hard to lose weight incase that the medical assesor asks for evidence that im working to reduce my BMI.

Worried and Excited!

I think, submit the medical, and continue to work on your physical health through nutrition and exercise. Otherwise, it is YOU who is delaying the processing of your visa, which would look bad to your potential employer. You have already seen your doctor to set a starting level, so what remains is to see the programme through.

Thanks J&M,

I will go for the medical and keep working away at reducing the BMI.

I got rather excited to see the WTR is fast-tracked (5 days), but then read the MA time-frames are the same for all visas. (Hopefully, if this is the case i can reduce my BMI to the MA's satisfaction).

Do you know if the MA or INZ would accept weight loss when in New Zealand and meeting the requirements when i apply for residency after the WTR Visa after 24-30 months? only asking this as a back up plan incase the employer requires me over by a certain date.

Thanks,
    Kieran

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I think, submit the medical, and continue to work on your physical health through nutrition and exercise. Otherwise, it is YOU who is delaying the processing of your visa, which would look bad to your potential employer. You have already seen your doctor to set a starting level, so what remains is to see the programme through.

The INZ CO can't proceed to issue a visa (any visa) unless and until the MA declares that you have ASH (an acceptable standard of health).

And the employer can't "require" anything which would involve you arriving to work without a visa - he would be equally at fault with you, in that situation.

So there's no alternative but to grit your teeth and do the best you can with the fitness programme. Good luck.