Thread: Bringing spouse on work visa?

Default Bringing spouse on work visa?

I about have my immigration situation figured out, but i have a question for a good friend of mine that is just starting his adventure. He's 27, has construction experience also, US citizen, and can apply for the WHV to come and stay until he gets called for an interview and hopefully get sponsored. He then plans to live there for a few years and then sometime after gaining PR, says he probably return to the US for a few years, but that way he says he will have that door always there to go back. Heres the catch: He met a girl from Indonesia, and is starting to get K1 paperwork going to get her to the US. He asked me if after she gets to the US and gets married, if he can go on the WHV and then after getting a job with an accredited employer, if she can then come over and join him because shes his wife. I guess this would make sense, right? Another issue is that she would be in the middle of the US paperwork, idk what the rules are about leaving the US in the middle of that. Can she leave in the middle of it? Does she have to wait until she gains greencard or PR or something here first? I just told him idk the best way to go about that but that I would ask somebody, so what do ya'll think?

Quote Originally Posted by 88Lance View Post
    I about have my immigration situation figured out, but i have a question for a good friend of mine that is just starting his adventure. He's 27, has construction experience also, US citizen, and can apply for the WHV to come and stay until he gets called for an interview and hopefully get sponsored. He then plans to live there for a few years and then sometime after gaining PR, says he probably return to the US for a few years, but that way he says he will have that door always there to go back. Heres the catch: He met a girl from Indonesia, and is starting to get K1 paperwork going to get her to the US. He asked me if after she gets to the US and gets married, if he can go on the WHV and then after getting a job with an accredited employer, if she can then come over and join him because shes his wife. I guess this would make sense, right? Another issue is that she would be in the middle of the US paperwork, idk what the rules are about leaving the US in the middle of that. Can she leave in the middle of it? Does she have to wait until she gains greencard or PR or something here first? I just told him idk the best way to go about that but that I would ask somebody, so what do ya'll think?
    there are not limitation about including her in his application. but! Here in NZ he will need to show that they have living together for at least one year > that means: showing pictures, bank statements, rent agreement, insurance, letters from friends and family > with their name.

please refer your friend to this web page for more information:

https://www.newzealandnow.govt.nz/mo.../partner-visas

he will need to show that they have living together for at least one year
    That would be the requirement to get partner-sponsored Residence. However, also look at the partner-sponsored work visa, which (though a time isn't mentioned in the regulations) we know INZ will take seriously with around three months' evidence of living together.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    That would be the requirement to get partner-sponsored Residence. However, also look at the partner-sponsored work visa, which (though a time isn't mentioned in the regulations) we know INZ will take seriously with around three months' evidence of living together.
    Thanks for the replies. So even after they are married she needs to have lived with him for that amount of time to come with him then. Do ya'll have any idea about how that might work on the US end of things? Because she's going to be in the middle of acquiring US residency and greencard and all that, so neither of us are sure when she's allowed to leave here anyways r if it messes up they'r process, because he just wants to be gone from her long enough that he can get a work visa and then her fly over and join him, since she's not eligible for the WHV.

I've no idea about US immigration law.

[QUOTE=JandM;549053]I've no idea about US immigration law.[/QUOTE

Yea i might check a US forums site on that part. Talked to him this morning, hes just glad that she'll be able to come with him Thanks for ya'lls help