Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update from INZ. What does it mean

Default Update from INZ. What does it mean

Hey guys,

I enquired about my Residence Visa (Skilled Migrant Category) which is currently pending. I was allocated to a CO on 04 Nov 2016 and my employer got the questionnaire sent as well on the same day. My boss replied back on 10 Nov 2016. Today I asked for an updated and they said the last time my file was accessed was on 04 Nov 2016. They also asked me if my boss sent back the questions of my CO, which indeed he did. I am just worried now as they said that they "cannot see that the CO added the response to the case yet". How can I be sure that my CO got the reply of my boss? I am just worried that it somehow did not get through as I thought once you reply back, even though the case goes back into the line, at least the reply is being added to the file???

Anyone had something similar?

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian91 View Post
    Hey guys,

I enquired about my Residence Visa (Skilled Migrant Category) which is currently pending. I was allocated to a CO on 04 Nov 2016 and my employer got the questionnaire sent as well on the same day. My boss replied back on 10 Nov 2016. Today I asked for an updated and they said the last time my file was accessed was on 04 Nov 2016. They also asked me if my boss sent back the questions of my CO, which indeed he did. I am just worried now as they said that they "cannot see that the CO added the response to the case yet". How can I be sure that my CO got the reply of my boss? I am just worried that it somehow did not get through as I thought once you reply back, even though the case goes back into the line, at least the reply is being added to the file???

Hi Seb,

Firstly take this thing in the right way. I will give you my scenario which could give you some idea. I had applied for my work visa employer assisted through advisor few months back. And the officer sent small concern on my application and asked to respond within a week. As it was a minor concern my advisor sent on the same day. And I thought my visa will come through in next day BUT it didn't came for the next 2 weeks. And when I rang to Inz they told me they sent concern but they hadn't received any answer. And this is the time I was very pi**ed off and also argue with my advisor assuming that it was his fault and he might hadn't sent the response. But the problem was the answer was sent in time, documents were received by inz and kept in next queue with application to be picked by officer. So at that stage I realized that the person who pick up the call in Inz won't have access to all your application progress. And assuming your scenario, I m quite sure this could had happened to your case. Also, just in case if they even hadn't got the response due to some sort of reason, I guess they will try to contact again.
    Don't stress out. Things will go right at the end. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by San11 View Post
    Hi Seb,

Firstly take this thing in the right way. I will give you my scenario which could give you some idea. I had applied for my work visa employer assisted through advisor few months back. And the officer sent small concern on my application and asked to respond within a week. As it was a minor concern my advisor sent on the same day. And I thought my visa will come through in next day BUT it didn't came for the next 2 weeks. And when I rang to Inz they told me they sent concern but they hadn't received any answer. And this is the time I was very pi**ed off and also argue with my advisor assuming that it was his fault and he might hadn't sent the response. But the problem was the answer was sent in time, documents were received by inz and kept in next queue with application to be picked by officer. So at that stage I realized that the person who pick up the call in Inz won't have access to all your application progress. And assuming your scenario, I m quite sure this could had happened to your case. Also, just in case if they even hadn't got the response due to some sort of reason, I guess they will try to contact again.
    Don't stress out. Things will go right at the end. Cheers!

Hi San11,

Thank you so much for your reply! Yes that sounds kind of the same. I just thought once they receive my reply (or in this case the one from my boss), they at least put it into my file so once it gets back from queue to the CO, he has everything ready.

Thanks for that, hope it is the same here!! And hopefully it won't be too long until he gets back to my case

Hey guys,

Hi Sabastian. From who did u find it out that they haven't received anything from your employer. Did u directly contact to your case officer or someone else? As in my case my application was allocated in 12 th oct and there is no verification questionnaire has been sent to my employer i think like your case maybe my employer hasn't received the questionnaire or the co just didn't send it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryk View Post
    Hi Sabastian. From who did u find it out that they haven't received anything from your employer. Did u directly contact to your case officer or someone else? As in my case my application was allocated in 12 th oct and there is no verification questionnaire has been sent to my employer i think like your case maybe my employer hasn't received the questionnaire or the co just didn't send it.

Hi HarryK,

When I called INZ today for an update, the contact lady of INZ said that she saw that I was allocated on 04 Nov 2016 and that employment verification was sent, but she cannot see a reply because it is not yet added to my file. My CO introduced himself on 04 Nov 2016 and after that he send the employment questionairre to my employer (2 minutes after sending an email to me). He gave us one week to reply, which we did on time. Just after that he has not opened my case again until now. As San11 said, what I understand is that our response is with INZ, but will only be added to my file once my case is back at the front of the queue and the CO is working on it. We replied to his email. So I assume he has the email response, but will only add it once he is working my file again..

Hi HarryK,

When I called INZ today for an update, the contact lady of INZ said that she saw that I was allocated on 04 Nov 2016 and that employment verification was sent, but she cannot see a reply because it is not yet added to my file. My CO introduced himself on 04 Nov 2016 and after that he send the employment questionairre to my employer (2 minutes after sending an email to me). He gave us one week to reply, which we did on time. Just after that he has not opened my case again until now. As San11 said, what I understand is that our response is with INZ, but will only be added to my file once my case is back at the front of the queue and the CO is working on it. We replied to his email. So I assume he has the email response, but will only add it once he is working my file again..
    Hi Thanks Seb. Hope you will get your response soon.i think should ring INZ too even though i have applied through lawyer. At least I might get some update what is going on with my application. It has been almost two months after CO allocation.

I am going through a lawyer as well. But I am not contacting my CO, just the contact centre to get an update. It has been almost one month after allocation.....

Sebastian91, you are expecting to know more about the working of your case than is possible.

I'm seeing some normal procedures here. First, being given a week to reply. That is because, about 18 months ago, the NZ government instructed INZ to set these very tight deadlines for information to be supplied, thinking this will speed up all processing. In practice, it doesn't, and can't do. It makes it SOUND urgent, as though some quick decision depends on that reply, but that's hardly ever the case. The CO doesn't need the information that quickly. As soon as s/he has requested it, that case file will go to the back of her/his rotating case queue, and won't be looked at again until s/he has looked at all the other 90 - 100 cases of the allocation first.

Second, yes, incoming information will be put straight into the file, to wait till the CO next looks at your case. But since the CO will not see it till the file's next turn for attention, it won't have been entered into the computer, so the telephone answerers can't tell you that it's there. They can only go by what they can see on the areas of the computer that are available to them (or that they happen to access, and they're not all as skilled as one another, it seems). They do not (and, even if it were possible, would not be allowed to) get up and physically go and find your file among all the hundreds of thousands in the INZ system and say, 'Oh, yes, there is that completed questionnaire.'

You do not have access to updates of the sort you seem to be expecting. The COs' job is to focus on moving their cases through, so telling people 'now your case is doing this, now your case is doing that' is not part of it, as that time could be better spent doing something on another person's application which would get it one step nearer to granting their visa. This is why EVERYONE spends long periods of time with no contact from INZ. These times are when the CO doesn't need any more information, and hasn't any news of a result to give. And the telephone answerers don't have access to details of the working, either.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Sebastian91, you are expecting to know more about the working of your case than is possible.

I'm seeing some normal procedures here. First, being given a week to reply. That is because, about 18 months ago, the NZ government instructed INZ to set these very tight deadlines for information to be supplied, thinking this will speed up all processing. In practice, it doesn't, and can't do. It makes it SOUND urgent, as though some quick decision depends on that reply, but that's hardly ever the case. The CO doesn't need the information that quickly. As soon as s/he has requested it, that case file will go to the back of her/his rotating case queue, and won't be looked at again until s/he has looked at all the other 90 - 100 cases of the allocation first.

Second, yes, incoming information will be put straight into the file, to wait till the CO next looks at your case. But since the CO will not see it till the file's next turn for attention, it won't have been entered into the computer, so the telephone answerers can't tell you that it's there. They can only go by what they can see on the areas of the computer that are available to them (or that they happen to access, and they're not all as skilled as one another, it seems). They do not (and, even if it were possible, would not be allowed to) get up and physically go and find your file among all the hundreds of thousands in the INZ system and say, 'Oh, yes, there is that completed questionnaire.'

You do not have access to updates of the sort you seem to be expecting. The COs' job is to focus on moving their cases through, so telling people 'now your case is doing this, now your case is doing that' is not part of it, as that time could be better spent doing something on another person's application which would get it one step nearer to granting their visa. This is why EVERYONE spends long periods of time with no contact from INZ. These times are when the CO doesn't need any more information, and hasn't any news of a result to give. And the telephone answerers don't have access to details of the working, either.
    Hi JandM,

Just a question, since they handle 90-100 cases each officer so ur application might be seen or re checked after lets say 2 months or 3 months right? So it doesnt usually go to the officers vision like let's say every 2 or 3 weeks.

We can't 'let's say'. There's nobody here inside the INZ offices to know how soon things go through ON AVERAGE. But I can tell you, since I've worked in offices with the rotating caseload system, that going through the allocation varies enormously and isn't even.

You will understand better if you think what the CO has to do. S/He has to verify everything each applicant has said about themself, by sending queries to third parties who can say, 'Yes, that's true,' or not, then ticking off each item as being satisfactory. If the reply does not satisfy the requirements, s/he has to contact the applicant for an explanation, or for more evidence, then that explanation or evidence has to be verified in its turn.

Okay. So the first time s/he opens your file, there is quite a lot to do. S/He will send off queries about every aspect of your claims. Then your file goes to the back. But every file won't be like that. Many of them will not contain any new information since the previous time s/he looked at them - queries have gone out, but no reply has come back - and those will immediately go to the back. Some files may contain one reply, confirming information, and that will mean a tick on the checklist, then the file can go to the back to wait for more replies. Maybe 20 or 30 files like those can get their turn for attention in an hour or an hour and a half. The cases which need a lot of time to deal with are those where the reply does not appear to show what the applicant said it would - maybe it's about work experience, and the employer's answer seems to prove that the applicant had a different role from what he claimed, or maybe the company appears not to be in a comparable work area. In such cases, the CO will have to work through the fine details of what will, or will not, meet the INZ criteria, maybe getting technical legal advice from a superior, and will also probably have to write and send out supplementary queries to the employer, and possibly also to the applicant. A case which needs a high level of technical attention aimed at working out if some aspect meets the requirements may well take up a day or two of the CO's time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast