Thread: Can I skip the PAR and just get IQA for my EOI?

Question Can I skip the PAR and just get IQA for my EOI?

In the interest of not paying $138 x2 just for the EOI step of the process, should I go ahead and just get the IQA started, instead of doing the pre assessment first? I thought I read on the NZQA website that it was possible to do that, but now I can't find the page... this is all assuming we're confident enough about getting a job offer and an invitation to apply ;-)

PAR is a waste of time and money. PAR is only ever done by a look over the names of qualifications - what they're called by the awarding institution in the other country - so it's not necessarily exact, since terminology doesn't always have the same meanings in the other culture and in NZ. IQA is done by an in-depth look at what was studied, for how long, to what depth, and then comparing that proof with what is done in courses within in NZ, to find one NZ qualification (if possible) that they can say it is nearly equivalent to.

Here http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/qualificatio...ns-assessment/ is the NZQA page about the IQA, with the link to make an application. Despite what is mentioned there, the EOI form accepts an IQA result OR a PAR result.

Great, just as I suspected! I suppose they are trying to save themselves some work over at NZQA, but it does seem silly to get a PAR...

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
    Great, just as I suspected! I suppose they are trying to save themselves some work over at NZQA, but it does seem silly to get a PAR...
    Just wonder if anyone of you here did NZQA instead of PAR and suddenly on Oct 12, the policy changed but you were still waiting for NZQA result to come back only to realize that if you submitted your EOI with PAR, you might have already gotten an ITA with less than 160 points?

Quote Originally Posted by soonkoh View Post
    Just wonder if anyone of you here did NZQA instead of PAR and suddenly on Oct 12, the policy changed but you were still waiting for NZQA result to come back only to realize that if you submitted your EOI with PAR, you might have already gotten an ITA with less than 160 points?
    Agree with soonkoh. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=51201