Thread: Skilled Migrant Category

Default Skilled Migrant Category

Hello All,

I Anitha Shashidhar from India, looking for a help in my NZ residency application under skilled migrant category. I have applied for NZ residency under SKC on 04th Nov 2016 and my case officer emailed me asking for more clarity for the bonus points that I have claimed in LTSSL.

I am a BSC graduate from India and went through the NZQA full assessment and NZQA concluded that qualification is NZQF Level 7. However, my qualification is not the exact match compared to the qualification on the LTSSL list.

If the LTSSL is not sorted, I will be at 130 points and I would need your help to check if I can follow any other approach to get those additional 10 points.

I have total of 10+ years of experience in India, in which I have 5+ years of experience as a project manager. I would like to know if I can claim points for LTSSL work experience alone but not qualification as I do not have the exact match on the LTSSL list.

Also, help me if I will be eligible for points in "Identified future growth" area.

I need to respond to CO by 05th Dec 2016. Please help me on this.

Regards,
    Anitha

Hi You have mentioned applied for SMC on Nov 4. Did you apply EOI on 4 Nov? Because the current points required to apply for SMC is 160. Can you split your points more detaily then it will easy to know what are all the points you have claimed.
    I am not sure about your qualification. As far as i know most our indian qualification and experience require to go thru IPENZ to claim the bonus poits

Quote Originally Posted by rajezz View Post
    Hi You have mentioned applied for SMC on Nov 4. Did you apply EOI on 4 Nov? Because the current points required to apply for SMC is 160. Can you split your points more detaily then it will easy to know what are all the points you have claimed.
    I am not sure about your qualification. As far as I know most our Indian qualification and experience require to go thru IPENZ to claim the bonus poits
    Hello,

Thank you for the response, I have sent all the documents to the immigration on 04th Nov. My EOI was selected on July 04th. I am only short by 10 points and want to know If I can claim the 10 points as a bonus points for LTSSL for work experience even though my NZQA qualification doesn't exactly match as per the LTSSL list.

Please advise !

Regards,
    Anitha

Split your points with details.

Hi,

As per the rule, your NZQA outcome has to be "Specific" saying you have (example) Bachelors in Science (Computer Science) to claim bonus points for LTSSL.. if its general, only saying Bachelors in Science at Level 7 won't help you get thsoe extra bonus points. Having said that, since your CO has asked you more details on this subject, take this opportunity and try to provide explaintation that how your degree is related to LTSSL.

Can you tell me which exact degree you have.. like Bachelors in Science.. Majors in _______ .. I recall one discussion on this forum previously where ppl have asked for reassessment from NZQA as they were sure that thier degree assessment should be specific and not general.. Did you specifically ask NZQA to assess the degree for Specific outcome as you need to claim the points.. In my case, I did mention specifically that I need to claim the points so looking for a specific outcome..

You cannot clain for points under Future Growth area as it is tied up with the Job in NZ.