Thread: Essential Skills Visa + family

Default Essential Skills Visa + family

Hi All,

My husband is applying for an Essentials Skills Temp Work Visa and I am applying for a partnership one based on his and the kids are applying for student visas with domestic status. We are hoping to lodge these applications mid December (currently working on getting all the paperwork, proof of relationship, etc etc)
    My question is - Any idea how long it may take for INZ London to process Essential Skills Temp visa, does anybody have any timelines of their applications similar to ours? Appreciated

Hi there. I applied for the same visas with my wife but in Auckland. My Essential skill work visa was submitted online on 16th Oct and was finally issued yesterday. But my wife is still waiting to be assigned with a CO. Yes it took really long because I was asked to submit some more documents 3 weeks ago. So my suggestion is that try your best to provide the documents as sufficient as possible at the first time, otherwise you need to wait in que again. Best luck.

Hi Nano bunny,

Thanks for the response. Yeah we are working with a Migration Planner, so we are gathering all the docs we can think of at the moment, I have been reading older posts about the proof of relationship so currently getting those docs ready. We have been advised to send through 5 - 10 documents to prove stable relationship for the last 12 months and beyond, so far I have the following

Marriage Certificate
    Joint Bank Accounts for the last 2 years
    Car Insurance Certificates, one addressed to hubby and one addressed to me
    Telephone Bills addressed to both of us
    Tax Credit certs, one each
    Proof of Joint Mortgage

We also have requested letters from family and friends, so far have 4 letters on the way. I'm not sure if all of this is required for Essential Skills / Temp Visas but going to submit them anyway.

Our medicals was to be done on the 30th of November and at the last minute had to be re-scheduled to the 12th December, so hoping that all goes well. And we have also got all the documentation ready to submit from Hubby's job offer in NZ.

I like to think I am organised and have everything in hand, but no doubt there will be other stuff which they will require once the application is lodged on the 16th Dec. But lets hope not