Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pay rate requirement for work visa (employer assisted)

Default Pay rate requirement for work visa (employer assisted)

Hey everyone
    I need some suggestion/advice/help regarding the required pay rate if I apply for work visa( employer assisted). I have been offered a job as a supervisor in a small supermarket (four square) in Gisborne. Employer told me he will help with work visa but he said he can only pay minimum wage as I am just starting there.
    I would like to know that when I apply for NY work visa, is certain pay rate a requirement or it doesn't matter as long as I have position?
    Please guys if someone had a similar case, plz help
    Thanks

Are you talking about the post study work visa (employer assisted)?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Are you talking about the post study work visa (employer assisted)?
    hope so, / I cant imagine a labour market test would reveal that there aren't any suitable New Zealanders (that can be trained) to fill a job in a small Gisborne store. And I doubt it would be "skilled employment for SMC.

Hi Jand
    Yes I have studied Business Level 5 and Level 6 in new Zealand. So yes post study work visa (employer assisted)

See here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...loyer-assisted and scroll down for the button to check the criteria required.

Hey Jand
    I went through the criteria but it doesn't say what pay rate I need for work visa,
    That was mY question :/

When INZ don't mention something under Criteria, that means that whatever the something is, it is not one of the criteria they require.

However, DO look carefully at the other criteria. The job sounds as though it may not use many of the skills learnt during your studies. Even if INZ grant you the post study visa on the basis of this job, it is quite possible that, at the end of it, you would not be able to move on to an Essential Skills visa because the job is not skilled.

Hey Jand
    M sorry now I am really confused why do I need to move on to essential skilled visa? I can get work permit now on the basis of supervisor position and then employer said I can work my way up to store manager which is what I need for my residency . so I m not sure what u meant by essential skills visa?

The kind of job you are being given, starting on the minimum wage, is not as ChrisMwn says above, likely to pass as being a skilled job for an application for residence under SMC. In that case, you aren't going to be able to apply straight away, while working on the post-study work visa. Working your way up, even if the boss means to do right by you, takes time. When you come to the end of the post-study work visa, you will need some other visa to allow you to carry on living and working in NZ.

Hey Jand
    Okay I think I kinda understood what u mean but here is what my plan is if it goes right. M gonna start as a supervisor but thts for NY work permit as I probs need a position. I know for a fact that for residency I need to be store manager and I will be by the time my post study work visa (employer assisted) comes to end I.e. 2 years. Actually my boss said he is planning to promote me in a year as the current store manager is leaving. So if I am a store manager, I am pretty sure that is the position required for residency. Please correct me if m wrong. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast