Thread: New Member: My First Post

Arrow New Member: My First Post

Dear Forum Members,

This is my first entry here; I hope you don't mind my silly question. I'm interested in immigration to New Zealand. I'm lecturer in English and internationally recognized author. Could you please tell me where to start and can I apply as a writer? Could you please guide me how to calculate my points and how many points are required to qualify. Last and least: Can I apply as a writer? Your kind guidance is awaited here!

Quote Originally Posted by nasar_peace View Post
    Dear Forum Members,

This is my first entry here; I hope you don't mind my silly question. I'm interested in immigration to New Zealand. I'm lecturer in English and internationally recognized author. Could you please tell me where to start and can I apply as a writer? Could you please guide me how to calculate my points and how many points are required to qualify. Last and least: Can I apply as a writer? Your kind guidance is awaited here!
    there's provisions for "artists" which arguebaly might include "writers"

WR2.1 Who is eligible for a work visa under the Talent (Arts, Culture and Sports) Work Instructions?
    To be granted a visa under the Talent (Arts, Culture and Sports) Work Instructions applicants must:
    have exceptional talent in a declared field of art, culture or sport; and
    be supported by a New Zealand organisation of national repute in their declared field (see WR2.10); and
    have an acceptable sponsor (see E6.5); and
    be aged 55 years or under; and
    meet the health and character requirements for Residence set out at A4 and A5.15 to A5.25; and
    meet the requirements under Generic Temporary Entry instructions for lodging an application for a temporary entry class visa as set out at E4; and
    meet the requirements for bona fide applicants as set out at E5; and
    meet the requirements for lodging an application as set out in WR2.25.
    Work visas granted to applicants approved under these instructions will be endorsed with conditions that allow work for any employer.
    WR2.1.1 Currency and travel conditions of work visas under the Talent (Arts Culture and Sports) Work Instructions

Applicants who are in New Zealand may be granted a Talent (Arts Culture and Sports) work visa allowing stay and multiple entry travel for 30 months.
    Applicants who are not in New Zealand may be granted a Talent (Arts Culture and Sports) work visa with the following travel conditions:
    first entry to New Zealand must be made within three months of the visa being granted; and
    the visa will allow stay and multiple entry travel for 30 months from first arrival.

and here

RW3 Residence instructions for holders of work visas granted under the Talent (Arts, Culture and Sports) work instructions

Holders of visas granted under the Talent (Arts, Culture and Sports) work instructions may be granted a resident visa where:

they have held a work visa granted under the Talent (Arts, Culture and Sports) work instructions for a period of at least 24 months; and
    during the currency of that visa they have been actively engaged in their declared field of art, culture or sport throughout a period of 24 months in New Zealand; and
    they are still prominent in that field of art, culture or sport; and
    their continued presence in New Zealand will enhance the quality of New Zealand's accomplishments and participation in that field of art, culture or sport; and
    they are supported by a New Zealand organisation of national repute in their declared field; and
    they have an acceptable sponsor (see R4.5); and
    they meet health and character requirements (see A4 and A5); and
    they have not, at any time since the grant of their visa under the Talent (Arts, Culture and Sports) work instructions, applied for, or been granted welfare assistance under the Social Security Act 1964. (For the purpose of these instructions, any welfare assistance applied for by, or granted to, a partner or child of the holder of a work visa granted under these instructions is welfare assistance applied for or granted to the holder.)

Default Wow!

So kind of you! You have made my day! Could you please guide me how to access this information on immigration website? Where is this WE2, 10 etc?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    there's provisions for "artists" which arguebaly might include "writers"

WR2.1 Who is eligible for a work visa under the Talent (Arts, Culture and Sports) Work Instructions?
    To be granted a visa under the Talent (Arts, Culture and Sports) Work Instructions applicants must:
    have exceptional talent in a declared field of art, culture or sport; and
    be supported by a New Zealand organisation of national repute in their declared field (see WR2.10); and
    have an acceptable sponsor (see E6.5); and
    be aged 55 years or under; and
    meet the health and character requirements for Residence set out at A4 and A5.15 to A5.25; and
    meet the requirements under Generic Temporary Entry instructions for lodging an application for a temporary entry class visa as set out at E4; and
    meet the requirements for bona fide applicants as set out at E5; and
    meet the requirements for lodging an application as set out in WR2.25.
    Work visas granted to applicants approved under these instructions will be endorsed with conditions that allow work for any employer.
    WR2.1.1 Currency and travel conditions of work visas under the Talent (Arts Culture and Sports) Work Instructions

Applicants who are in New Zealand may be granted a Talent (Arts Culture and Sports) work visa allowing stay and multiple entry travel for 30 months.
    Applicants who are not in New Zealand may be granted a Talent (Arts Culture and Sports) work visa with the following travel conditions:
    first entry to New Zealand must be made within three months of the visa being granted; and
    the visa will allow stay and multiple entry travel for 30 months from first arrival.

and here

RW3 Residence instructions for holders of work visas granted under the Talent (Arts, Culture and Sports) work instructions

Holders of visas granted under the Talent (Arts, Culture and Sports) work instructions may be granted a resident visa where:

they have held a work visa granted under the Talent (Arts, Culture and Sports) work instructions for a period of at least 24 months; and
    during the currency of that visa they have been actively engaged in their declared field of art, culture or sport throughout a period of 24 months in New Zealand; and
    they are still prominent in that field of art, culture or sport; and
    their continued presence in New Zealand will enhance the quality of New Zealand's accomplishments and participation in that field of art, culture or sport; and
    they are supported by a New Zealand organisation of national repute in their declared field; and
    they have an acceptable sponsor (see R4.5); and
    they meet health and character requirements (see A4 and A5); and
    they have not, at any time since the grant of their visa under the Talent (Arts, Culture and Sports) work instructions, applied for, or been granted welfare assistance under the Social Security Act 1964. (For the purpose of these instructions, any welfare assistance applied for by, or granted to, a partner or child of the holder of a work visa granted under these instructions is welfare assistance applied for or granted to the holder.)

These headings are from the INZ operational manual, of which the home page is here. http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/index.htm Then go to Temporary Entry Class Visas, then Work Visas, for the WR headings. The RW headings come under Residence.

Thanks a lot. Very helping people here!

Dear Chris and Jand, Your posts are really very helpful and you took me to the right place! Thanks a lot indeed. Now kindly guide me how to access the supporting organisation that is called New Zealand Organisation of National Repute.

Sincerely,
    Nasar

Welcome, Nasar! I'm also a writer, I'm working on a couple of novels. Do you mainly write fiction or non-fiction?

I think the "organization of national repute" is an open-ended thing, meaning you could be "supported" by any organization in your field, as long as it's well-known on a national level. That's just my opinion based on the wording of the article. I'm not sure what "supported" means here - as in financially? Like a grant, fellowship, etc? I wonder...the citations probably have explanations linked on the website.

Respected Juniper, Excited to read your Novels? Could you share with me? Here is one of the links of my book THE LAST STORYTELLER:

https://issuu.com/nasrullahkhan2/doc..._short_stories

Best Regards,
    Muhammad Nasrullah Kha(nasar)

Cool e-book, Nasar! Sorry, I don't check the forums daily yet, I'm sure I'll be more regular once we're in full-steam immigration mode :-) I don't have any completed books to share yet, but I'll get there, heh