Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last assessment

Default Last assessment

Hi everyone, i called the call center yesterday to check an update on my SMC application and the lady on the phone told me your case officer is doing last assessment of your file . Can anyone explain me what does that mean?

does that mean my case is on its last stage?
    has the file been sent to 2 person already ?
    the case officer still doing verification ?
    Has the case officer done all the verification and going to make the decision soon?

who does make the decisions on files Co or second person ?
    when will the online status change after 2nd person check or after Co's last assessment done?

i will appreciate all your responses thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by NZN View Post
    Hi everyone, i called the call center yesterday to check an update on my SMC application and the lady on the phone told me your case officer is doing last assessment of your file . Can anyone explain me what does that mean?

does that mean my case is on its last stage?
    has the file been sent to 2 person already ?
    the case officer still doing verification ?
    Has the case officer done all the verification and going to make the decision soon?

who does make the decisions on files Co or second person ?
    when will the online status change after 2nd person check or after Co's last assessment done?

i will appreciate all your responses thanks.

Hey NZN,

We have a similar timeline. Just out of curiosity, were you the principal applicant and did you include your partner in the application? If so, did your CO ask for anymore evidence from covering from lodgement of application to allocation?

Cheers, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian91 View Post
    Hey NZN,

We have a similar timeline. Just out of curiosity, were you the principal applicant and did you include your partner in the application? If so, did your CO ask for anymore evidence from covering from lodgement of application to allocation?

Cheers, mate.
    yes partner included in application, not anymore evidences required till now . employer sent back the questionnaire on 17th Oct and payslips, IRD summary and bank statements were sent by my lawyer on same date.

We are not standing in the INZ office looking over your CO's shoulder, so the detail is guesswork, just as it is for you.

Just going by plain English, since the person on the phone said your CO was doing the last assessment, she has to be in the last stages of working the case. We can't tell if it had then or has now gone to the second-person check official.

The CO decides what outcome s/he wants to recommend on a case. The case then gets checked over by the 2pc official. If that person finds any errors, or anything which isn't thoroughly proved by the evidence, s/he will send the case back to the CO, and your same CO would be the one who would then ask for more information or whatever was necessary. Then the case would again go to 2pc. Only after both officials (the CO and the 2pc official) are satisfied that the case has been appropriately dealt with can the result be announced to the applicant. The first thing the applicant usually hears is to look at their online status because it has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    We are not standing in the INZ office looking over your CO's shoulder, so the detail is guesswork, just as it is for you.

Just going by plain English, since the person on the phone said your CO was doing the last assessment, she has to be in the last stages of working the case. We can't tell if it had then or has now gone to the second-person check official.

The CO decides what outcome s/he wants to recommend on a case. The case then gets checked over by the 2pc official. If that person finds any errors, or anything which isn't thoroughly proved by the evidence, s/he will send the case back to the CO, and your same CO would be the one who would then ask for more information or whatever was necessary. Then the case would again go to 2pc. Only after both officials (the CO and the 2pc official) are satisfied that the case has been appropriately dealt with can the result be announced to the applicant. The first thing the applicant usually hears is to look at their online status because it has changed.

Hello JandM

My matter is similar. i just want to know that how long it will take a time to take decesion after resend to the 2pc.? in my case my CO mail me that "file return to me from 2 pc , principal name different from bitrth certificate. might be statutory declaration needed"

i was ready with SD and i sent him scan copy and my CO said thts great. and send me hard copy. i sent it immidiately and today almost its more than 10 days. But still not getting decesion.

i m not in hurry. but just wanted to know approx time period.

Quote Originally Posted by AKG View Post
    Hello JandM

My matter is similar. i just want to know that how long it will take a time to take decesion after resend to the 2pc.? in my case my CO mail me that "file return to me from 2 pc , principal name different from bitrth certificate. might be statutory declaration needed"

i was ready with SD and i sent him scan copy and my CO said thts great. and send me hard copy. i sent it immidiately and today almost its more than 10 days. But still not getting decesion.

i m not in hurry. but just wanted to know approx time period.

As far as I know, they only post information for the henderson branch.

Please refer to their newsletter
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...amount-matters

You can find the info under "Team Updates" for the months they choose to publish them

Quote Originally Posted by Nzdream89 View Post
    As far as I know, they only post information for the henderson branch.

Please refer to their newsletter
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...amount-matters

You can find the info under "Team Updates" for the months they choose to publish them

Thank you, in october months they took 10 days.

am i right?

online status changed to approved what an amazing xmas present, just cant believe

Quote Originally Posted by NZN View Post
    online status changed to approved what an amazing xmas present, just cant believe
    Congratulations!!!! July Applications getting approved!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian91 View Post
    Congratulations!!!! July Applications getting approved!

thanks Sebastian, good luck for your case

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast