Thread: Medical Assessment and Visa Processing - Parent and Grandparent visa

Default Medical Assessment and Visa Processing - Parent and Grandparent visa

Hi,

I've applied for Parent and Grandparent visa for my father in Nov and it has been one month now. he submitted his medical too and he as no known medical issues.
    The NZ immigration website says that processing time for online visa is 20 working days but the application still says the status as "Submitted" only.

I called the Immigration in NZ and they said that now they are processing the visa in 2 months due to high volume received in Dec plus its a holiday season and many people on leave in NZ.
    Also he said that my father's case will surely be referred to a medical assessor as ( they submit the medicals above a certain age applicants to assessor) and hence it will be delayed too.
    It has been 28 working days and no case officer is assigned.
    can anoyone suggest that how much time this parent visa takes for approval and by when should i expect a case officer to be assigned.

I'm really off by slow processing and no clarity

All this is absolutely normal. INZ is a huge government bureaucracy, and in any dealings with them, everybody waits. Your business takes as long as it takes, and there is nothing to be done about that. Any timings stated by INZ are only ever their best guess based on recent averages, NEVER a promise. You have already had the best sort of explanation anybody ever does get - your father's file is in a queue, waiting its turn for attention.

we got the response today.
    They have asked for more tests for hypertension and diabetes lik kidney etc .( its strange as my father has both things but at marginally only not very high so not sure why these havebeen raised

The MA's job is to understand each person's physical state, to judge whether that person might cost the NZ health service too much. So this MA is checking if, while your father is pretty well at the moment, either of these conditions is considered by his doctors to be likely to get suddenly worse in the next short while - 5 years or so. INZ look at these parent/grandparent visas very carefully, because they are quite likely for many people to lead on to an application for residence, and also, since the person is likely to be spending a long time in NZ, any sudden medical emergency would have to be treated and paid for by the applicant or the family.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    The MA's job is to understand each person's physical state, to judge whether that person might cost the NZ health service too much. So this MA is checking if, while your father is pretty well at the moment, either of these conditions is considered by his doctors to be likely to get suddenly worse in the next short while - 5 years or so. INZ look at these parent/grandparent visas very carefully, because they are quite likely for many people to lead on to an application for residence, and also, since the person is likely to be spending a long time in NZ, any sudden medical emergency would have to be treated and paid for by the applicant or the family.

Thanks mate. Fingers crossed. actually my father had a border line diabetes so his GP asked him to change diet and exercise etc and no medication . hence there would be glucose level ( more than the expected ) in blood as he was not on a medication.

It just happened that on the day on medical test he had a mild fever ( which he figured out after giving medical) which might have raised the blood pressure but normally that's under control with medication. never know. This seems to be temporary visa as the sponsorship for i filled his (inz 1025 sponsorship form for temporary entry) and i think on a PR is permanent rest are temporary visas.
    Last edited by nzresident; 12th December 2016 at 11:24 PM.