Thread: CO allocated but no contact yet?

Unhappy CO allocated but no contact yet?

Hi everyone,

Just want to know your experience... Residency under Partnership.

I rang INZ call centre about two weeks ago to get an update on my partner's residency application. The agent told us that our case has been allocated to a CO - a day before I rang. It has been two weeks since but we still haven't heard from our CO

Is that how it went for some people who got recently approved? How about those on the same stage as ours?

Application lodged in Wellington: 15 Sept 2016

Any help would be great THANK YOU!

When your case gets allocated to a CO, it joins his/her queue of work at the back, so some time will pass till s/he takes a first look at it. Apart from that, the CO isn't obliged to contact you. S/He may not do so at all, if you have provided all the necessary information. There have been forum members who didn't know they had a CO - thought they were still waiting - then heard they'd got approval.

Hi JandM, thank you for your help. I just want to ask for your advise - my partner has a work visa under partnership and as mentioned above, we are waiting for his residency application result. We have been living together for 9 months here in NZ and about 1.3 years overseas. However, we don't have much evidences kept when we were overseas since we were living with his parents - so all utility bills and rent etc are under his parents'. We only have our previous job contracts overseas, employment ID, a notarised letter from municipal hall which proves that we are a bonafide resident of that area, income tax return and a couple of letters. Do you reckon that would be enough? We don't know what else to provide please help

Also, if we are to provide these back to our CO - do I send them thru post or e-mail? Thank you!

You can only provide what you have got. Keep calm. If the CO wants anything else relating to the time abroad, such as, for example, letters from family and neighbours, s/he will tell you.

If you are asked for more evidence, in most cases INZ want originals or certified copies.

Don't worry if the CO asks for more evidence from now. It is normal that they ask for more, covering the time of application, just before a visa is issued. This is to try to ensure that they aren't issuing a visa to someone whose relationship has broken up in the meantime.